5. Comalica Virus

"WHOA BABY!!" exclaimed Leena and Celina together.

I nervously looked around. Thank god, Shourya and his men weren't following us. I hoped our combined formation worked on them. I knew our powers were strong for them to hold them temporarily. Shourya and his men looked stronger physically and our powers might not affect them for a longer time. I shook my head vigorously to let out all the negative thought out of my mind. They weren't around anymore and we were safe.

After a long and slightly strenuous race among ourselves in the chilly weather, we finally reached our destination. Standing at the gates of the King Aghasthya's palace seemed the safest place right now. Tyrell and Pruthvi stood bent holding their knees, taking heavy breaths; but both the girls were immersed in watching the giant size court with the red flag on the top.

Tyrell was the first to react. He walked on and knocked on the gate and swiftly the small window opened.

"Who is it?" said a voice from the other side of the gate.

"Hi...er...it's...Tyrell Kissler..."

"Who?"

"Get back Tyrell," said Pruthvi walking forward and pushing him away, "Let me talk to him. Hi, it's me...you must remember me. I am the one who Sarpanch brought two months ago."

"I am sorry I don't remember!" The voice said, "And we have strict orders from King Aghasthya to not to send anyone unknown inside."

"No, you don't understand..."

The window closed leaving Pruthvi astonished.

"Great job, Mr. Celebrity," commented Tyrell.

He ignored him.

I stood akimbo and shook my head. I really wanted to meet King Aghasthya and to know about the disease that was passing in the village. No, wait-I absolutely forgot. I was also given the job of finding Yamini. I had to find her first, before I poke my nose in something else. But I wanted to know more about the disease so that I could help people.

"Now, what should we do?" asked Celina sitting beside Leena on the rock beside the gate.

"Guys, why was he asking for me?" said Leena, who was quiet for a long time, "That person named Shourya."

"Oh don't mind him at all," said Tyrell grumpily, "First he needed Pruthvi, then he tricked me and Hayden to come with him and now when his every plan went into garbage, he chose you as his next leverage."

"He is right," I said, "I bet he is going to come after you again. Just be careful. Don't fall into his traps."

"He is not that bad, you know," said Pruthvi quietly, "he saved my life."

"Why do you always keep saying that?"

"Because, it's the truth."

"Come on Pruthvi, don't be selfish," said Celina and I was thankful, "There might be some other nasty reason for him to save you then. Why do you think he trapped Tyrell and Hayden if he really wanted to help?"

"I don't know," he said shrugging, "May be he was just leading them to me."

"Nonsense," Tyrell said rudely, "We almost got poisoned by that creepy snake because of him."

Pruthvi kept quiet without anymore argument. I turned around to look at the court wishing someone to see us and invite us inside. I took a deep shuddering breathe as I felt an uncomfortable constriction in my chest. Shashi and Shourya were planning again, this time they were after Leena. I didn't know what their problem was, and why they were after us one by one and that scared me. I looked unobtrusively at Leena as she rested her head on Pruthvi's shoulder, making designs on the snow around her. I wouldn't let her fall in any of Shashi or Shourya's traps. I wouldn't let any of my friends get into trouble. Then I smiled at myself, only a few months together and I was already feeling protective about them.