6. A Message from the Enemy

Clouds were spreading like a blanket in the sky. The air turned chillier than before and I suspected a snow shower any time. Celina was continuously rubbing her hands for warmth and so was Tyrell. He was trying harder to cover his ears using his cap. I smiled watching them thinking how lucky I was to have a cornelian in my pocket. It was keeping coolness away from and I kept pressing it hard to feel its warmth.

I didn't know why, but I didn't like Pruthvi and Leena going separately; Shourya was dangerous and he will do his utmost to abduct Leena. But on the other hand, I couldn't stop Pruthvi when he was so focused on getting his sister back that he thought that him and Leena going alone was worth the risk.

"Are we there yet?" Tyrell asked.

We just turned into the second lane as instructed by Dananjay. I moved on looking for the cottage made of grass. I tried to look till the end of the lane and as far as I could.

"For the first time I am seeing a throng in this place," said Celina watching upfront.

"Yeah, me too," I said watching a few men standing at the end of the lane, "Are they wearing black robes?"

On walking a little bit closer I realized the men were standing against the cottage made of grass.

"Er...do you think they are..." said Tyrell but he couldn't finish.

I watched closely shrinking my eyes. Tyrell and Celina reduced their pace in uncertainty. There were few men standing before a small dry grassy cottage. On the threshold standing, now as I was able to see pretty clearly, was definitely doctor and it seemed like he was having a verbal combat with someone.

"It's Shourya!" I said, my heart sinking, "Guys get back! Don't let him see you."

We quickly moved aside and hid behind a hut and we tried to listen to them.

"What are they talking about? Can you hear anything?" asked Tyrell, his voice quivering, "how did they get out of Pruthvi's cage so quickly?"

"I don't know," I said feeling a little stressed, "We have to go closer to see what's happening."

We covered our faces with our hoods of the jacket and slid carefully forward. Quickly we found a gap between the two huts providing enough space for three of us to hide. Finally we were much closer to them and we started eavesdropping.

"This is not right thing to do, Shourya," doctor was saying, "You cannot take my son away from me. You don't know what I can do to you."

"If you use your stone doctor," Shourya said, "Don't forget my men is already inside. And if you take one wrong step, be prepared to see your son dead."

Celina gasped. "They are taking Ashvanth away!"

"Don't worry," whispered Tyrell, "Doctor is not going to fall for his threats."

But it didn't seem like that to me. A young man probably reaching thirties was being dragged out of the cottage. He looked tired and completely glossy with the green skin. His outfit was rugged and his hair tousled. The one dragging him out was wearing the same robes as Shourya, only his face was much crueler and his hands were tied up with plastic careful enough to not to touch the victim directly.

"Oh! Poor Ashvanth!" cried Celina.

"He is too sick, Shourya," said Doctor, persuading, "I beg you. Leave him alone."