7. Up, Up and Away!

"You want to go where?" asked Dananjay skeptically.

Pruthvi glanced back. Hayden, Tyrell and Celina were already on their way to meet doctor and then they might go in search of Yamini. He didn't know why, but he had an odd feeling within his heart that Tyrell might have been right about the idea of parting ways especially when Shashi and Shourya were trying to abduct Leena wasn't such a good idea.

Leena was standing next to him, trying to get a peek inside the fortress over Dananjay's shoulder. Pruthvi had already told her more than a dozen times that she looked just like the Princess. May be she was really intrigued and wanted to meet her doppelganger. His heart spiked as he looked at her;he could never live without her. He wouldn't let Tyrell's warning come true. No matter how hard, no matter who would come after them, he would protect Leena with his life.

He pushed his thoughts aside and focused on the mission at hand. Dananjay was a better first option; "Can you help us in traveling to Paschimgarh?" ashed pruthvi. But Dananjay's expression showed that his request was not welcome.

"Hmm, let's see," he said holding his chin in a most ludicrous way. "If you tell me the reason behind you wanting to visit Paschimgarh, then I will be inclined to make commendable suggestions, which might help you on your way."

"Perhaps if you make your suggestions and if I find them commendable, then I will reveal to you why I'm travelling to Paschimgarh"

"Nope! Sorry it doesn't work that way." he said very bluntly.

Pruthvi glanced at Leena; he didn't want reveal anything to Dananjay. The lesser the people knew about his plans, the easier to keep leena safe. But now that Dananjay had hinted at a means of helping them, he did not have many options open.

"Please! If you help us this time, we shall owe you one. And we will do anything you ask of us." Said leena, coming to his aid.

Dananjay's eyes narrowed and the corner of his lips twitched.

"You do look a lot like..."

"Princess Lithika, I know."

"Hmmm," he said nodding, "Fine. I'll help you only because you look like her. And you better keep your promise, to do anything I ask of you."

"Done," said Pruthvi and Leena together.

"Follow me then," he said and started walking through the gates.

Pruthvi was filled with a sense of accomplishment; their first step was a success. He glanced at Leena who was smiling brightly and feeling happy for him.

"I never imagined your face can do magic!" said Pruthvi teasing her.

"Stop it!" she said blushing.

Dananjay argued fiercely with the gate keeper for a while; after which he signaled for us to follow him. We were going in to the fortress under the condition that we don't enter the courtyard or any other area except the path leading to our destination, under armed guard. We went past the condos that were built across the court. Dananjay told us that the condos were residence provided for the ministers by the king of Sharad.

Pruthvi often caught Leena staring at the imperial palace; it looked the same as his last visit except the lack of the easy camaraderie and movements of people. The disease must have created a lot of unrest and fear among the people. He wondered if Princess Lithika was doing well. He will always be grateful to her. She had actually helped him a lot in a way. He genuinely wished that the doctor would find the cure as soon as possible to eradicate the disease that was keeping them from visiting her.