17. Three's not a Crowd

I touched it which I thought to be the lava but it wasn't burning me, it wasn't even hot. Instead I was sensing a smooth and silky surface. I was too scared to open my eyes but the silky surface was raising my curiosity.

Slowly and terrifyingly, I opened my eyes one by one, to see what was happening and when I found myself lying on a red with golden striped carpet, I burst out with ecstasy.

 "Hello buddy!"

My mind was jammed for a moment that I did not even recognize the voice. Slowly I lifted my head and blinked my eyes hard, only to find out it was none other than...

"Pruthvi!" I cried. "What are you..."

 I was never so happy watching him sitting beside me. Then I frowned a lot, till I could not, and looked down trying to deduce what I was sitting on. It was a carpet and it was flying, like seriously flying!

"No time to talk, Hayden," Pruthvi said, "Let's get rid of that creature together."

"But how..."

My certainty was answered the next instant. If Pruthvi was here, then the one I needed the most was here too. Carpet glided up towards my other best friend Leena who was standing near the fence. She held her hand up letting Pruthvi to pull her onto the carpet. I turned around to find the two headed monster flying at us ferociously as I gasped.

"Hey Hayden," said Leena, "Miss me!"

"Leena I need your help." I shouted.

"Then do as I say," she said turning completely to me, "Lure that creature outside this cave."

"Outside?" I asked frowning, "Why?"

"Because I need water," she snapped watching a fire cage in which Tyrell and Celina were imprisoned.

"Here's your jacket," said Leena, "This led us inside."

"Thank you," I mumbled, taking back my jacket from her.

"Hardik!" shouted Pruthvi, "fly around the creature!"

I glanced at Pruthvi dubiously. I couldn't get with whom he was talking to. The carpet turned its direction towards the creature, making me astonished. The flying thing had a name and it can understand Pruthvi.

"Hayden, you know what to do," said Leena as soon as the carpet glided nearer the creature.

I nodded and commanded my stone. "Flame Formation!"

Flames formed around the tip of my hands and as the carpet flew upon the head of the creature I started making it angrier by throwing flames at it and diverting its attention more towards me. It screeched aloud and Hardik slightly jerked at its deadly voice.

"Hardik!" shouted Pruthvi, "Let's drag the creature outside."

I continued infuriating the creature with my fire and I was happy it was falling in my traps. It seemed to have forgotten to throw flames at me and was getting interested more in chasing down the flying carpet.

We were now gliding away from Tyrell and Celina. I tried to glance and I was sure I had a glimpse of them through the flaming fire. Celina and Tyrell were on their knees trying hard to breathe. I shivered with terror watching them in that poor condition.

"Hey watch it!" Leena cried.

"Oops, sorry!"

My flames were suddenly intensified. Before it could hurt her, I changed my direction. The creature screeched again as we were almost outside the cave.

WHOOOOOOSH!

After all the twists and turns, Hardik managed to bring us outside. I was careful not to lose my balance when the carpet started taking us uphill. On Pruthvi's command it stopped flying and settled on the base of the rock.