20. Only One with all the Answers (Part 1)

Author's note: This particular chapter seems too long, that I decided to break it into two parts only for the readers' convenience. Thank you.

***************************************************************************

Later that evening, Leena decided to spend sometime with her sister. Together they went ahead to talk to queen Urmila. She was a blind and an old gentlewoman. I just wished both the girls didn't bother her much with their infinite questions.

I heard doctor was back to the court. He was right now involved in a deep discussion with King Aghasthya about how Leena's tears were working among the sick people of Dakshinpur. The green cloud that came out of the Maiden's cup was still lingering in the air and we learnt that it might subsist in the air for few more days. I haven't seen the cup since we had used it and wondered if Leena had even brought it back with her.

I, with my friends, Tyrell, Pruthvi and Celina, was sitting in the dining room having delicious snacks. Finally eating something, filling up my stomach, brought my strength back. I was so sick of losing my capability of using my stone every time I commanded it with a strong formation. But the fact that I wasn't the only one with the problem subdued my concern. Watching each of my friends eating so quietly was making me smile.

 "How can she do this to me," Pruthvi broke the silence finally, "And I thought I know everything about her."

 Tyrell and Celina chuckled sharing a glance.

"How can you guys laugh when I am dying of rage here," he shouted at both of them.

"Pruthvi," said Celina placing his hand on his shoulder and trying to control her laughter, "Don't you think you are over reacting?"

"Over reacting?" he said, raising his nose up in the air, "Am I?"

"Of course you are," said Tyrell backing Celina up. Then he changed his expression before he cracked, "Oh I see! You are angry because you wanted to find your sister, but instead you found hers."

Celina roared with laughter. This time even I couldn't control mine and three of us laughed uncontrollably. Things have been so weird this past days. Finally we got a chance to relax and crack jokes upon one another.

"Fine, laugh," said Pruthvi, angrily, "I am leaving."

"No one is leaving."

A voice came right from the threshold of the door. Our laughter died then and there. Together, we turned around to see Doctor walking inside and sitting on the chair right at front of us. Quickly I studied his expression as I was scared about how he was going to react upon us. He seemed angry but also I noticed there was glitter in his eyes, probably he was happy on finding us all fine and alive.    

"So my heroes," he said clasping his hand on the table, "It's time we talk."

"Now, doc? Seriously?" grumbled Tyrell, "Do you want to do this now?"

"Yes, Kissler," he said stubbornly, "Now."

And then he showered his question in an increased, nettled voice.

"What were you thinking?" he shouted, "If I hadn't had reached Uilani Hill on time, what do you think could have happened to you? He could have killed you. Or you could have done something you shouldn't have. And Hayden, what was that stupid letter you left behind?"

He threw a sharp glance at me that made Tyrell snigger.

"This is no joking matter," said Doctor shutting him up.

I didn't answer him. He then sighed controlling his anger. "Pruthvi, I am glad that you feel responsible towards your sister and all, but that doesn't mean you can go on a blind mission to a place without my permission. First and foremost, I would like to know how you figured out about Paschimgarh at all?"