8. In Depth Explorations

"Get inside everyone," said the doctor gesturing us to come inside his cottage.

It grew darker and chillier giving us a silent hint of snow shower. The half moon was sheltering behind the murky looming clouds. I was uneasy and filled with trepidation as we walked closer to the door and it was not because of the weather.

I felt doctor's eyes on me when I passed him by. I hesitated to look back at him because I didn't know what I'll tell him if he came to know about pruthvi and I was so scared to add to his problems. Instead, I stepped inside following my friends, and took in the surroundings. It was one big studio house with an attached kitchen and bathroom at the corner. There was no fancy furniture placed except a large mat on the floor and a king sized cot across the kitchen.

I scratched my head. I didn't know if I could tell doctor about our small but vital chat with Shourya. I really hoped Tyrell and Celina wouldn't spill the beans without discussing about it among ourselves first. But Tyrell had other ideas.

"How could you give up Ashvanth without a fight?" shouted Tyrell, "Why didn't you stop them?"

"What are you talking about?" Doctor said closing the door.

"We saw you!" he said, "We saw Shourya and his men taking away Ashvanth. How could you let that happen?"

He walked closer, with his eyes widened and said, "I am the one who has to ask questions Tyrell. What the hell are you doing here?"

He snapped a look at me as if it was entirely my fault.

"You asked us to find Yamini," I said, very ingeniously, "That's what we are here for."

Tyrell didn't but Celina nodded her head like a two year old.

"But how did you come here?" doctor asked, "Who opened the gates for you?"

"Ira did," I said and I didn't know what was so wrong about it, "She told us about the disease instead of you."

"Oh Ira!" he said hitting his forehead, "I should have mentioned her not to tell you about it."

"Why not?" asked Tyrell.

Doctor glanced at us sideways that said 'leave it'. But I wanted answers. I wanted to know if this disease has to do anything with what Shourya told us.

"Doctor," I said, "Tell us. Please. "

He signed heavily and stood upright. "I don't know what you know about the disease..."

"Comalica virus," I said quickly, "Dananjay told us."

He glared at us again "If you know so much about it, perhaps I shouldn't waste your time repeating what you already know?

"Sorry," I said

"What else did he say?" he asked instead blinking furiously.

"That there is no cure and you are researching about it."

He licked his upper lip and looked away from us. Myriads of expression were crossing across his face and I felt fury prickle up my skin.

"How is he?" Celina asked eagerly, "Ashvanth. Will he be okay?"

"I don't know Celina," he said and this time his voice shivered, "I don't know if he will even survive?"

"Don't say that!" she gasped.