Ch. 28 Luka- The Fire

Luka stared out the window of the ship. Tangor had surely been misinformed. Dimitri was loyal. And yet centuries had taught him no one was truly trustworthy. Perhaps he had given Dimitri too much power to quickly. It was one thing to deliver secret messages to Tessa declaring a want to speak. Luka wasn't bothered by this, but perhaps puzzled.

If he hadn't lied about remembering or getting anything from seeing the girl Luka would have killed Tangor on the spot for defiling his trusted partners name. But Dimitri did lie about his reaction to the girl. And perhaps he was lying about loyalty and searching for the rogue as well.

He took out his anger on his desk which splintered to bits of dust under his grip. Dimitri starting his own den? Training? It seemed impossible. Yet Luka remembered his own beginning of coming into power. An overthrow and bloodbath is always necessary to become leader. It has been that way from the beginning. Luka had assumed it would come from the East. But his own creation? One he raised as a brother? He would make Tangor take him to the den. He would see first and slaughter them all. Then he would deal with Dimitri.

He smiled as he thought of his revenge. Tessa would die first. Dimitri would watch as he captured her mind and ravished her body. She would beg for more of his sweet touch as he peeled her skin away making her feel it was the most erotic sensation she had ever experienced. He would use her soft caramel skin to make a lampshade. It would look lovely in Dimitri's cell. Where he would watch him starve until his sanity fled. Then he would weigh him in silver and place him in a window facing the sun. So much wasted time deserved a well thought out ending.

Tangor stood like a marble statue. Waiting for an order. Luka had a brief thought of ripping him to shreds. He entertained it for a moment. It seemed so satisfying. But good deeds should be rewarded. And he reminded himself that someone would have to take Dimitri's place.

"Tangor. You have done me a great service which I shall not forget. I will require you to take me tonight to the den. We will go with out top trusted soldiers and wipe it from existence. I need to get a few things organized. Until I am ready, I'm giving you a mission. Go get me the girl, Tessa. Bring her here to the boat. Put her in my room which will I will have ready for her. To show my trust in you, do what you want what with her before leaving. Taste, touch, but do not kill her. Marks are fine. This may seem an unworthy gift, but consider it a first payment."

Tangor's expression didn't change. He nodded and Luka could see his fangs producing. A sign of pleasure. Luka didn't know the what Tangor preferred, but was satisfied he understood.

"Yes my Lord. Thank you. I will deliver the girl and leave her breathing."

Luka held a hand up. Something seemed off.

"I need her mind intact Tangor. Breathing isn't quite enough. Consider her a loan. Understood?"

Luka saw Tangor frown. So he liked delivering pain. Useful information. If he went too far it wouldn't be devastating. He could always turn Tessa and have her kill Dimitri. In fact, that could be just as much fun. He could use a new woman. These fragile humans were far too fleeting. And Tessa did have something. Almost spark like. Options made him very happy.

Tangor was dismissed to start planning his mission. Dusk would soon be arriving and it was to be a very productive night. Luka felt the hum vibrating out from him. He knew it would cause his underlings to become distressed and excitable. But it was part of him. All leaders related a beacon to alert. Much like the queen of the bee. Each tiny worker was attached by invisible threads. Let his den be worked up. Let them frenzy. Tonight vengeance would flow and blood would fill the streets. His skin thrummed with vibration.

He walked among the ship and realized it would never give him what tonight would. This was as close to feeling as one could get. The rush of power and hum of the flames of revenge. Acclimating and fitting in a human world was pointless. He was above humans, and above vampires. He was God. Able to create life, take life, and it was all that made him exist.

Perhaps the rogue had been right all along. The notion of this human game had made him weak. Now it was back. The absolute truth. He was ruler of the dark and nothing could stop him.

A smell of flowers waifed towards him. He saw the young worker approach. Her pulse speed as she saw his blackened eyes. She stiffened all her muscles and he realized she could feel his waves of power. He tried to reign himself in. She stared at the floor before speaking.

"Luka, I'm so sorry to bother you. A policeman is here and insists you see him. I tried getting him to come back in the evening but he is causing quite a stir upstairs. He is threatening to have the place searched saying your upholding information about a murder. What should I tell him?"

Luka straightened his white silk collar. Pity, he picked the wrong day to wear his favorite shirt.

"I'd be happy to take care of it. Thank you, no reason to be afraid to disturb me."

The girls heart slowed and her muscles relaxed. Luka reached out his hand to caress her cheek and before she could blink he plunged his fangs deeply into her neck. In an instant her heart sped before slowing and finally it stopped. As he let her body crumple to the floor he smiled.

"So sweet your blood. A bit of an edge, a good meal always gives one an edge. Let's see how our dear Hoyt's blood compared to yours shall we?"

He wiped his face upon the curtains. This ship had been a pipe dream. Vampires couldn't be happy doing what they wanted in a floating box. They were meant to control the world. And it started now.

********************************

Ummmm yeah, so that just happened.  Omg. I'm impressed with this chapter. Who knew Luka was gonna go Napoleon?  (Not me!!!) He has just surpassed Calina in evil, if that's possible. We all know how plans to take over the world go right? (Gulp).
I don't envy anyone in Lukas path right now.