Chapter 23

Jacob POV~
After School (2:30)

The bell had just rang and everyone was crowded in the hall ways at their lockers, gathering with their friends. I had no idea where Chresanto was and I was actually getting impatient. He usually meets me at my locker by this time.

I sighed and put my combination in and opened my locker up. I slowly put my books into my locker and looked thru the small mirror that hung on the inside of my locker.

What in the world is Chresanto doing ?

I began to slam my locker shut before someone slammed it shut for me . I cringed my face until I saw that it was Chresanto. A small smile crept along my face, and i really felt tempted to give him a hug. I have him a look waiting for his acceptance but he shrugged me off.

"So what did P. Henry say," I asked trying to take away from the awkward silence that had darn between us.

"Nothing really..." Chresanto started to say before getting cut off.

"AUGUSTTTT!!! My office Now!" Coach yelled.

I can't lie it kinda scared me the way he yelled Chresanto's. Maybe he's in trouble . I hope not.

Chresanto tenses up at Coach's words and it made me begin to wonder what was really up.

Chresanto POV~

Oh god! Why today ? Why now? Why me ?

I looked at Jacob before I decided that I should go off. He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes.

I can't believe that bitch ass nigga showed coach . I'm fucked now. Here goes my basketball career and basically my life. No one wants a fag on their team sadly. But I'm not a fag .. or maybe I am .. NO IM NOT!

I walked at a steady pace and saw Latimore coming down the hall. He glanced at me with a small smirk. I shook him off and turned the corner to Coach's office . I took a deep breath of air and put the fakest smile I could ever make on my face .

"What's up Coach", I said trying to give him some dap.

Coach sat there in his Rollie chair with his feet propped up on his desk and his arms folded over.

"Good news and bad news kid."

Shit shit shit shit.... don't say it coach don't say it coach ...

Sweat was beginning to form on my forehead and I just knew that he was about to end a niggas career right here.

"What do you want first," he asked.

Good news , say good news.

"Bad news.." I said.

"Okay bad news is you have to sit out a few practices for starting a Fight at lunch," coach said .

Sweet baby lord Jesus ..

I have a sigh of relief and waited for him to continue .

"Good news is you got a scholarship from clover field university. Full ride to play basketball for them when you graduate," he said with a smile.

My face lit up. I been wanting to get into that school forever and honestly I thought they forgot about me .

"Thanks Coach," I said shaking his hand excitedly before practically running out of his office.

I can't wait to tell Jacob ....

I was running down the hall with the biggest smile ever on my face . There's nothing better than hearing good and bad news. I laughed to myself .

When I got to Jacobs locker he wasn't there anymore . I took my phone out my pocket and looked at the time . 3:20.. I don't blame him. School has been out .

I started to walk until I almost tripped over something . I looked down to see it was Jacobs peace bag.

What is it doing on the floor ?

One of my eyebrows rose and I couldn't help to think that something was wrong.

Before I could even begin to panic Jacob walked out of the boys restroom fixing his curls in his hair.

"What was your bag doing on the floor?" I asked.

"Oh that..I .." he started to say.

"You what ?"

"It .. it .. it was an accident", he stuttered.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you stuttering so hard?" I said with curiosity.

"I um.. can we just go?" He said rubbing his arms .

I handed him his bag and watched him drop it over his shoulder. He slightly looked at me before we started to walk out the front door.

What is wrong with him....

Hey guys . Wow it's literally been like a year or so since I've worked on this book and I do really apologize. I'm a senior now and life has taken a toll on me . It's getting serious out here . I've been seeing you guys wonderful comments about me updating and book suggestions on what I should write. I really love the loyalty you guys have to this book. Stay tuned cuz I'm on fall break so ya girl will be writing more.

What do y'all think is wrong with Jacob?
*Leave your comments below *