Chapter One

Picture of Adelaide, played by Danielle Colby Cushman!

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

Bam walked behind his newly married brother, Gabe, and his wife, Belle, with a frown on his face. They had been all over each other from the moment they had all left city hall. Sure, he couldn't blame them for being happy. They'd just gotten married! But in his head there was a battle raging. How could his younger brother get married before him? When was he going to meet a woman?

"Earth to Bam," Lorelei's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

He smiled at the woman who had captured his older brother's heart. She was a blessing to have around. She always knew when there was something wrong with him. Most of the family just dismissed it as his temper.

"Hey there Princess," he greeted her.

"I could see all those gears turning in your head from a mile away. What's going on?" she asked.

"Ah nothing, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing in particular."

She glared at him. "You can't hide anything from me, you big stubborn man!"

He chuckled. "Fine. I was just wondering when I'm going to meet a nice woman. I can't believe Gabey got married before me."

"Aww, is somebody jealous?" she cooed, pinching his cheeks.

He slapped her hands down from his face and glared at her, making her laugh. She wasn't afraid of him. He was just a big teddy bear.

"No, I'm not jealous!" he said, raising his voice. She gave him a look that told him to lower his voice. He cleared his voice and continued, "I'm ready to settle down. I'd really like to meet somebody."

"Well I set Gabey and Belle up. Maybe I can find someone for you?" she questioned.

"No, I'm not going through that whole matchmaking thing again," he insisted. "Look how that went last time."

"Maybe the lady wasn't good at her job!"

"Ror, she's the best matchmaker in Alaska. I highly doubt I didn't get a match because she's bad at her job. There's got to be something wrong with me."

She frowned. She hated to see her boys upset. Bam was never like this. She could tell he was starting to doubt himself.

"Aw Bammy, I don't think there's anything wrong with you. You're a great guy. Any girl would be lucky to have you," she said. "We just need to find a female version of you. Maybe you should just cool down the stubbornness when you meet a lady?"

He sighed. "I guess."

"Now come on, let's go celebrate Gabe and Belle's marriage!"

Ami and Rainy took off to go look around town while everybody else walked into a bar. The moment they entered the room, people were staring at them. Bam rolled his eyes and ignored it. Yes, they looked a bit different, but who cared? He plopped down on a bar stool.

"What can I get for ya, hun?" a voice asked.

He looked up to tell the bartender what he wanted, but the words got caught in his throat. Standing in front of him was a dark haired beauty. Her chest was covered in tattoos and he found his eyes wandering over them. She was absolutely beautiful and the tattoos were breath taking.

"My eyes are up here," she said.

He looked up at her and her hands were on her hips, clearly not happy that he had been checking her out.

"Um, I'll just get a pop. Surprise me," he said.

She raised her eyebrow and gave him a smirk. "A soda?" He nodded. "Alrighty then, have it your way."

She poured his drink and handed it over to him.

"There you go," she said.

"Thanks," he smiled. "I like your tats."

"I know, I could tell," she teased him, turning around to get back to work.

He found himself grinning. This girl gave it back to him as easily as he gave it out. Where in the world had she come from?

"Found something you liked?" Lorelei whispered in his ear.

"Get out of here," he said, pushing her away. She giggled and walked back over to where Matt was.

"Hey, we're new in town and my brothers were looking to get some work done. What do you suggest?" he asked the bartender.

She listed off some places she had had her work done at and soon enough there were talking about the ones that they had. He was explaining the cross and she explained all of hers.

"I got to get back to work," she said.

"And we have to go," Gabe said, coming up to Bam.

"Wait! What's your name?" he questioned.

She spun around and smirked. "Adelaide."

"Can I see you again?"

"Depends if you can find me," she replied, not saying another word as she got back to work.

Her name echoed through his head all afternoon. He was praying to God that he would see her again.

~COPYRIGHT 2016~