Chapter Ten

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

It had been two days since Bam had last seen Adelaide. He had decided to spend more time with his family. After the news at Billy had delivered, he knew that they should have all the time together possible. Who knew how long they would be separated.

Today he was finally going to see her. It was Saturday and he had finally been able to sleep in for the first time in forever. He spent the day with his family and when 5 o'clock rolled around, he headed to the bar, excited to see her.

Entering the bar, he noticed the normal crazy atmosphere. People were chatting and drinking with friends. A few were playing pool and darts. His eyes instantly flew to the bar, hoping to see her standing there. And standing there she was. She was dressed in a flannel, a bandana tied around her head like a headband. Her lips were painted with a bright red lipstick.

"Fancy seeing you here," Bam said, slipping onto a barstool.

She didn't respond, rushing around giving people their drinks.

"Um...Adelaide?" he asked, trying to get her attention.

She didn't make eye contact, still ignoring him. His eyebrows furrowed. Why was she ignoring him?

"ADELAIDE!" he finally yelled, getting her attention.

"WHAT?" she shouted back, whirling around to face him.

His eyes grew wide. She was...temperamental today.

"Uh...hi?" It came out as a question more than a statement.

She rolled her eyes and turned around, getting back to work. He sighed, frustrated. He would sit here and wait for her to calm down. He had waited two days to see her and he was going to be damned if she didn't speak to him. Something must've happened in those two days to make her this way.

The night passed by slowly as Bam watched Adelaide work. They didn't speak a word, occasionally making eye contact. And when it was closing time, he didn't move a muscle. He stayed right where he was until every last person filed out.

"Um, we're closed," Adelaide said, standing by the door.

"Yeah, I know," he said, looking at her, challenging her with his eyes.

"So get out," she ordered.

"Hmm...no."

"You have five seconds to get your ass out the door before I come over there and yank you out."

"Hmm...no."

"Five...four...three...two..."

Bam didn't move when she hit one. He watched amused as she stalked over, getting in his face.

"GET OUT!" she screamed.

He looked her straight in the eyes and smirked. "Hmm...no."

"UGH!" she shrieked, turning away from him.

He grabbed her arm and twirled her around to face him. She yanked her arm back from his grip and raised her hand, slapping him across the face. His face whipped to the side as the pain stung him. He blinked unbelievingly, raising his hand to his cheek.

He looked at her, not saying a word. Her hands were covering her mouth, shocked that she had done that. Tears were welling in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," she stuttered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

He pushed his anger down and let his concern for her show.

"What's going on?" he wondered.

"Nothing," she breathed. "You should just go."

"I'm not going anywhere, Adelaide."

"Please, just get out," she sniffled.

"Girl, you best tell me what's going on."

"I DON'T WANT TO GET HURT OKAY?" she shouted. "YOU...YOU'RE FUCKING EVERYTHING UP!"

He just stared at her, blinking. How was he fucking everything up?

"Wh-" he started, but was interrupted.

"I'm scared," she whispered.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest. He reached up to brush a piece of hair away from her face.

"Why are you scared?" he asked in a quiet voice.

"I'm scared we're getting into this whole thing too fast. I'm scared I'm going to get my heart crushed again. I'm scared you're going to leave me. I'm scared because I'm falling in love with you," she admitted.

He smiled. "You're falling in love with me?"

She sighed. "Is that all you heard? Here I am, professing my feelings to you and all you –"

He cut her off by diving his lips down onto hers. She was frozen for a minute, but then her feelings got the best of her. Her shaking hands came up to cup his face, kissing him back. Bam groaned against her lips, crushing her closer to his chest. They pulled away a while later.

"I'm falling in love with you also," he confessed.

She smiled up at him and pecked his lips gently. She stroked his cheek where she had hit him.

"I'm sorry I hit you," she pouted.

"It's okay...I kind of liked it."

"Joshua Brown!" she gasped with a giggle, slapping him on the chest.

He smirked. "You know you like it."

"Oh I like it," she mewled, kissing him again. "Let me clean this place up and then we can go cuddle."

"Cuddle? Girl, I don't cuddle."

"You'll do whatever I tell you to do, mister."

He raised his eyebrow. She was a demanding little one.

~COPYRIGHT 2016~