Chapter 15 The hunt

Josoline had sat before her mirror in her riding attire, confused about everything , why had she told  prince Leo no . He was a prince the soon to be crowned king this was every young debutantes dream to have him.

She clucked her tongue trying to banished the thoughts and focus that the moment at hand which was the hunt.

" Are you okay ?" Asked Becka taking a seat on her bed concern written in her face.

She watched Becka from the mirror. " no" she replied bluntly.

Becka brows furred ," why.. Is it Ethan? "

"Yes and no" Josoline replied her voice cracked from all the emotions that flowed through her .

" Josi what's been happening, you left last night and you've been seeking off .. And you had promised to tell me everything ?" Becka plead.

Josoline turned around to face her cousin whom face matched her with turmoil ," I have been...seeing the prince "

Becka brows shot up, the prince was the last person she had expected to hear, this was amazing news. Josoline could be the next queen she thought in excitement, " why is this bad news though? " she asked with a smile.

Josoline squeezed her eyes shout now too embarrassed to speak of her sinful acts, she started rambling. She told her of the first meet then of the moments they shared, even the times with Ethan and how boring and how very old fashioned he was , with every word Becka sat attentively listening keenly. Lastly she told her about last night and how the prince touched her ,kissed her how his touches were like fire on ice and how he stopped in the midst of it all.

Becka mouth now hang open astonished by the information that she received, " so you nearly went to bed with him!?" She manges to say.

" yes" Josoline replied with tears running down her cheeks, " but he was the one who stopped it" she palmed her face feel ashamed.

Becka shook her head," I'm not saying I'm not glad to hear that but why?"

Josoline pressed her lips together, " I do not know " she said throwing her hands in the air." All I know I've never felt so embarrassed in my life"

" come here " Becka said with out stretch arms, She went to her an cried. She cried for five minutes, Becka held her and said nothing.

" I...I" Josoline stuttered rising her head from her cousin shoulder, " then he asked me if Ethan asked to marry me what would be my answer "

Becka still shocked by her cousin's busy days," really? "

" yes. " she sniffles, " and I told him my answer would be yes"

Becka mouth hanged open, " but why I thought you said you didn't really feel for him"

" yes.." Her face looking like a woman who just got her heart broken.," then he asked if he asked what would be my answer... And I said it would be no"

To say Josoline heart was broken was a understatement. Leo had won her, it had been two days since she last slept it all felt as though her life wasn't as it seems, with her family needing money and Ethan now Leo. All this was too much emotions, she could not racked her mind around the entire episode of the last night.

" Josoline Sweetheart " Becka said. Finally after a long pause.

Her head in her lap" the hunt is in the next few minutes. It kills me to say this but get yourself together because you are going to see him and you can no appear weak before none"

Josoline cleared throat, " I know " she said wiping away her tears.," I am going to be ready , I will be able to compose myself "

" good"Becka agreed, she hope she was right because Josoline's mental state was the only thing that kept things going.