Chapter 32 A day out

The castle was rather eventful due to the summer was ending and the royal family wanted to end the season with a bang, especially since none of the young princes had proposed . The ladies and the nobles all gathered in the field , the grass was really green and the fresh air was blissful for horse back riding and a little picnic , The morning sun had been lovely each chartered as they laughed and enjoyed each other's company.

Theo looked about for Leo, he spotted him under a tress near the fountains. He hadn't seen him often since the attack on lady Josoline. His black hair in a mess ,his brown and white right outfit neatly fitted his body, his bother always managed to stand out even in a room filled with Royalty. He smirked at Leo upon approach feeling the annoyance already taken it toll.

" I see you final decided to graced us with your presence" Theo teased. Leo scowled at him not saying a word.

" I feel that you most have came down with something "He contained as he sipped his drink .

But Leo never gave him a second glance his mind still in disbelief of yesterdays episode , Was she serious ? Had lady Madeline hit her so hard that she didn't even remember they shared the passion to over come all this madness. He through the brandy down his throat , his mind going in a frenzy he needed something stronger to remove this feeling that washed over him in pain . Never in his life had a woman had him so weak all this was too much the thought made him empty the glass down his throat.

Meanwhile Theo went on about only God know what. All this sun and joy and laughter was getting on his nerves. His mother had begged him to show his face because he had been rogue all these times. If only they understood how the attack on Josoline had made him realize how much he shouldn't of taken her for granted.

Lady Hanna and lady Drusilla approached them beaming at the thought of actually getting Leo's attention she hadn't seen him in weeks now and the fact that the princess had left was a huge plus on her part she had no competition, Now all she had to do was get his attention and showed him she could be what ever he desired.

" Your highnesses " they Union.

"Ladies" Theo replied with a smile while Leo just gave them a thin lipped smile. He took another glass from the waiters tray . He tucked his hand in his pocket trying to maneuver a plan on how to get Josoline memories back and change things.

" My Prince I'm glad to see you out and about " Drusilla said with a smile.

He looked her over, " hmm" He respond taking a sip of his drink. They all felt the cold moment from him, Theo wondered how was his brother so good at making a room tense or making laughter fill the air. He guess this was one of the gift one had to have to become a great king.

"Lady Hanna how are you I see you were riding quite well" Theo said trying to break the awkward silence.

"Thank you Prince Theodore I didn't know you notice"She blushed trying not to look his way .

" well I have been noticing a lot about you" Theo flirted, he sipped his drink he eyed her over the rim of the glass.

She blushed

" well I hope I can call on you in the evening for tea" He continued, " you were lovely company last evening "

Hanna went wide eyes at him she looked at Drusilla and Leonardo too embarrassed to reply, her face got red from the leak of information.
How was she going to explain this Drusilla and the Prince.

Hanna and Theo had been getting cozy late. Theo found her odd and he liked that, Lady Cecilia was fun for him, a little spontaneous but wasn't very smart and she wouldn't of made a good wife for the Royal family in his opinion. Many would of disagreed because she was beautiful and attractive , many man didnt want woman with substance so he did what any gentleman would he ended things .

Hanna wasn't the fun type she like bugs and nature he found that fascinating not many girls her age liked those things , they were so cought up in needling, dresses or tea parties. He liked that those things weren't her only interest.

Theo stared at her openly and she blushed her mind telling her to look at him but second guessing because that would be to barefaced for a lady.

" Ahhh, as much I loved this intense conversation ...I most take my leave" His voice laced with sarcasm. Drusilla watched him walk away he didn't even wait for them to curtsy nor did he even glance back at her, she glared at his back trying to understand why was she getting this coldness from him.

***********

" I'm glad you came with me to this picnic sweetie heart" Ethan said . He had managed to talk her into coming out of that stuffy room." You deserve to come out of that stuffy room" .

" Well I was hoping to remember all these faces but nothing " Josoline replied. Her brows knitted as her eyes scanned the people around her.
" I just want to know myself again Ethan" she confessed .

He looked at her sympathetically guilt eating on his soul, he gave her a grin trying to hide the guilt" I know you want that but it's all a matter of time "

His words brought Prince Leonardo to mind and the way she had kicked him out last evening after the passion they shared. It was one of the hardest thing she'd done, she felt as though her heart was being ripped out but why she felt so bad that's what she could not understand.

" are you OK?" Ethan asked looking at her as she stared blankly.

She forced a smile trying to blink herself back to reality, then looked at him ,"Yes I'm just a little overwhelm that's all "

"_oh I c...you'll soon be fine". He promised. Hoping that was true.

" I sure do hope so before our wedding " she said worriedly eyeing the rock on her finger.

Ethan rise a brow was she having second thoughts and if truth be told he rather her like this, " well I too wish that since the accident " his voice a bit too disingenuous.

She looked up at him ," Where do you go when I don't see you at day time ?" She asked , She wondered if she knew this man ,was she rushing into a marriage with here eyes close.

Her questioned shocked him, he hadn't think she noticed,'' well I have been busy just handling business and some matters of a old estate " he lied.

His face seemed unfazed but his eyes screamed he was lying," ohh OK" she took a bite out of the mini sandwich then continued" I sure hope it is all well now " eyeing him from the corner of her eyes as they stared at the race.

" not quite but it's being handled " he tried to keep a panic look from his face." So how are you enjoying this time?' He asked changing the subject but she noticed.

" so what are the responsibility does a Duke have anyway ,that is so busy you can't come see me twice or three times a day " she pressed on with a faint smile.

He started to worry" What Do you mean?"

" I mean from the attack you only see me ones a day ...if not mornings it's noon. "

" well as I said before I have business " Ethan felt like the walls were caving In he felt hot all of a sudden .

" well that's why I asked what kinda business " she challenged. She felt he was hiding something.

" well- " he started

" I'm glad you came out today " Leo interjected.

Her and Ethan's backs were turn but she needed not to turn around to know who it was. She turned then saw him .

" Prince Leonardo "