Chapter 50 choices

" if I were you I would not dear to touch me" Maxwell warned the guard at the palace. He had went to call on Josoline and her mother had told him she did not come home and had sent a very suspicious letter that did not add up.

He had been waiting for the king for the past fifteen minutes but his patience wat wearing thin.

He yelled ," Josoline " several times but no reply . He had been stocked at the door with two man before him . He was not intimidated at all., He called again.

" You need to lower your voice in the palace sir" said the taller man.

Maids took their time to watch pretending to work.

" I need to see lady Prescott" Leonardo retorted frustratingly.

The guards knew she was not allowed out of the palace so they didn't even want him to stay to cause trouble." you best go and when the king is free he will call on you"said the darker one.

His brows shot up," Are you mad or naïve i'm not here for the king I need to see Miss Prescott" he yelled again.

He started yelling again and the guard pushed him he pushed him back but it was a struggle between the three.

" Let him go!!!" Josoline said in shock running to him. She pushed to guards from him,," don't you touch him again" she warned.

She held his hand and stood beside him ready to defend him if possible.

" Josi?" Leo called.

Every eyes averted to him. The guards and maids bowed upon his entry.

" Call off your goons!" She said through gritted teeth

He looked at how she held his hand . It killed him to see Maxwell touch her, the way she stood beside him was commendable she really did feel for him.

" I need to discuss more with you" he said mildly.

" I wish to leave Leo" She plead .

It never dawned on Leonardo that this would be his life , never did he imagine that he would have to kept her captive in his home.

" Why do you want to leave?" He asked fishing for something more . He just couldn't understand why she was making what they had so hard.

He dreaded what the answer may be.

She let go of Maxwell hands , he watched his heart racing . Never had the thought coming to London this would have happened he never came here to compete for Josoline's love and to ask for her hand in marriage.

" Allow us to go" she begged she sniffling the tears that came.

Leo gazed fixed on the woman before him , her eyes shun with tears. He walked before her then palmed her beautiful face.

" Look me in my eyes and tell me you do not love me" his tone soft his eyes sparkled with the love she knew.

Maxwell immediately clutched his fest , not wanting to see or hear this but his eyes were like daggers to Leo.

Could she lie she thought,could she hurt him could she say yes and she knew exactly how Maxwell felt all these years.

It was pathic how she managed to get into a situation like this age thought the effect that Leonardo had made her feel butterflies into her stomach something like a giddy school girl then Maxwell who held her down who's kisses so worm and inviting but could she lie.

She stared into his beautiful eyes ." I am in love with you Leonardo but I am not going to be with you ...You gave upon me when I had needed you the most ..I had to learn to be this woman I am before you and the woman I am do not turn her back away and I promised Maxwell that I will give him a chance so I will"