Chapter 20 Decisions

The heavy wind outside blew, she could hear it whispering telling her to run, to hide anything but stay here. Ethan had asked the question her family needed to be saved and she gave the answer she had to.

She had manage to say yes, the words slipped out before she knew it, Ethan jumped and grinned. Josoline's heart ache from the turmoil she felt .

What would Leo say, how could she tell him. Why hadn't she said yes when he had asked her if she would of marry him. She felt ill all of a sudden, she laid on her back onto her bed staring as if the ceiling was spinning.

"Leo oh Leo " she breath.

She squeezed her eyes shout.

Did he even intended to marry her, was it wreath all this head and heartaches. She tossed and turn in the bed feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden.

Would he marry her , would Leo marry her if he found out what she wanted from him. Ethan was a safe bet but Leo had won her heart and he didn't even know it. Was it so bad to love a man who was intelligent , claim, blunt, loving , care free a excellent love maker even ruthless if he had to be. Leonardo would soon become king and she knew he'd be a fearless and more than capable leader she thought but at the same time he was flirtatious,his ignorance toward marriage and his undying need to bed every woman.

She sighed.

But Ethan seems to love her and Leo made it clear he didn't intended on marrying and never mind his wild primesouae life style . All this flooded her mind and then she cried ,she cried because she loved Leo and they wanted different things, she cried because Ethan was her families only hope from being ruined and if Leonardo or Ethan were to find out what she was sent here to do would they even look at her knowing she was only in it for the money.

She looked at the twenty four carrot diamond ring that he proposed with that laid simply on her finger, she turned the diamond around on her finger into her palm hiding it as she did when they had to left the museum.

The fear she felt made her feel as if she was going numb because tomorrow at dinner the king will announce their engagement and she dreaded every waking moment.

------------

The dinning room filled with debutantes, lady's in waiting and nobles chattering.

For the first time in her life she wasn't hungry, her Stomach in a knot. She hadn't seen Leo and she hadn't even told Becka her spirit couldn't bring herself too. Her ring still hidden , Ethan arrived and sat up at the far left at the table where the royal family would be , he looked handsome in is gray and white suit his blond hair neatly Comb back he gave her a wink and she blushed feeling embarrassed for staring.

"Dukr Ethan seems to be very in love with you Josi" Becka teased but Josoline ignored
Her.

Josoline fiddle with her thumbs. Butterflies in her stomach, she felt anxious. She had tried to see Leo but she hadn't and how would he reacted to realizing that she was about to marry.

The footmen announced the arrival of the royals and her heart started hammering against her rib cage the royal family entered the king, the queen, Leo, Theo and then the twins. Leo face hard as a rock even with a stone cold expression Leo looked amazing.

All stood in reverence bowed ,dip and crusty .As they took a seat josoline's eyes went to him whom was gazing at her , He gave her a smile and she looked away guilt eating after soul but her outside was beautiful and elegant no signs of panic on her face.

Any minute now she thought, her inside screamed and cried out for Leo but she had to do this but not for her but for her family. The meal was served and then the king clicked the wine cup with a butter knife, here it comes. Everyone gave him their attention.

"Good day everyone. looking lovely debutantes and gentlemen looking dashing. I hope all is finding his or her stay here pleasant. I'm happy to inform you of a engagement" his rough voice said," of Duke Ethan Cambridge and Lady Josoline Prescott... I do hope I receive more news of other engagements before the season end"

No one spoke they just clapped when the king speech ended. Josoline watches Leo's face it had went from shock, to upset to nothing. He looked at her and for the first time from they had met she couldn't read him or the spark in his eyes when he looked at her wasn't there and that made tears fell.

Becka was shocked, how could Josi get engaged and not even mentioned it. Josoline didn't dare to look at her cousin because she knew she was furious.

Everyone congratulated them after dinner ended, people saw her tears and thought she was over joyed .

Becka,Ruth and Mari hadn't said a word to her after dinner they left with her and walked in silence. She could of cut the tension with a knife , she knew they were angry But she could not think of them now she had to see Leo . As they entered there rooms she never said a word she just went to her room closing the door behind her . She sat in the mirror and she saw a ugly person. The woman she saw she didn't recognize , her family , her pride, her dreams, her heart , her beliefs didn't mattered because she was going to marry a man she didn't love but wasn't that the goal to get his money and live a love less marriage to submitte to him only all freedom relinquished.

She shed herself from all the jewelry , Mari came to assisted her with her gown. She then left Josi could tell she was too upset with her but it didn't matter so she went to bed..

" Josoline?" Ruth called .

Her back was turned to her under the covers," yes"

" are you okay?"

" I will be fine...just leave me" her voice laced with emotions

Ruth didn't even know what to say Mari and Becka was upset that they had found out like everyone else but they had sense distance and hurt from her.

" okay " she managed. Ruth had close the door behind her.

She needed to be close to him because she knew Leo most hate her or maybe he wouldn't careless.

She took up a cloak and went for the hidden door when she knew all was a sleep then ran through the tunnel straight to the hidden chambers. The room was empty and quit all the roses and candles were there. The tears shed when she realized that No Leo in sight she had hoped she would of been lucky to see him.

She lit a few candles then laid in the settee fantasizing that Leo coming to her and kissing her telling her that they'd run away together.

" Josoline? " a voice called from the door

She sat up and there eyes clashed, one filled with hurt and the other resentment," Leonardo" she said in a faint whisper.