Chapter 4

Zayn's P.O.V.

"So you've settled in already?" My mum asks me through the phone. "Make any friends?"

I sit down on the edge of my bare bed. "Erm I've surprisingly made a few friends, I think. And yea, I unpacked."

"Are people nice?" She asks, being the worried mother she is.

"Not really." I mumble.

"And you've made friends with these people who aren't nice?" She asks.

I sigh. "No some are nice just uh...yea." I say, deciding not to tell her about all the different sexualities that are common around this area.

"Make sure to go shopping, but yourself some healthy food. Cook up a dinner for your new room mates, yea?" She says and I can hear her walking around.

I run a hand through my hair and I surprise myself when tears well in my eyes. I'm really going to miss home. "Yea I definitely will." I lie. "Hope you can come visit soon but I have to go." I say, sniffing.

"Are you alright, Zayn?" She says.

I wipe my damp cheeks. "Yea, the air around here is different." I lie, again.

"Alright I love you. We all miss you, bye." She says and hangs up.

I take a deep breath, forcing myself to not cry anymore. I take a sip from my cool water bottle and decide to go back out to the living room where Liam is. He'll distract me, hopefully.

I plop down on the couch and give him my best smile. He just stares back at me and nods his head.

"Are you going out tonight, or...?" I ask.

He raises his eyebrow. "What, you already want the place to yourself, new guy?" He teases.

I bite my lip. "Uh no, just wondering."

He leans back against the couch and I feel very uncomfortable as his eyes scan my body which is spread out across the bigger couch. "Nah, I'm staying in. Classes start tomorrow and I shouldn't be hungover on the first day." He says.

I nod and look at the tv to avoid his direct eye contact. "Do they have a gym on campus?" I ask.

Liam props his feet up on the coffee table. "It's in the main building, in the basement." He says.

"Okay thanks." I say, even though I have no idea where that is. It doesn't matter, I have no intention of ever going to the gym. I was just trying to break the awkward silence.

Thankfully, the door opens and a happy looking Niall steps through. "Hey roomies." He smiles and throws his car keys onto the counter. "Who's going to the bonfire tonight?"

"Bonfires are fucking gay." I hear Liam and I turn around, giving him a weird look.

"Aren't you-"

"Yea I'm gay but that doesn't mean I can't use it as an insult." He says and I frown. He's a very weird person, maybe he's still drunk.

"Zayn, you coming?" He asks.

I open my mouth to answer, but Liam beats me to it. "You're going. I want the room to myself cuz I'm gonna fuck someone tonight." He says.

I clench my fists, getting really tired of his behavior. "That's my decision to make and I'm staying here." I say.

Liam shrugs. "I've never tried it in front of an audience but you're free to come watch." He smirks at me. "You can join in if you want, too."

I glare at him, disgusted by how casually he is taking all this. It's as if my glare isn't affecting him at all.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I see Niall standing behind me. "Just come with me. You can meet some new people and I don't want the two of you to kill each other." He says.