Chapter 39

A couple weeks later
Zayn's P.O.V.

The last couple of weeks have been spent doing ridiculous amounts of homework and constantly studying. The end of the semester is coming up and summer break is just around the corner.

I've also been trying to figure out what I'll do all summer. Of course I want to go back home but I'm worried about how my parents will treat me.

Liam has invited me to come meet his family which is all the way in Wolverhampton. It's about a three hour drive from where my family lives and it'd definitely be nice to see him over the long break.

Finals are next week and I am beyond stressed out. It's actually been putting a strain on my relationship with Liam, sadly.

We're both worried about finals and we argue a lot more then we ever used to. It's scary because I love him a lot. I know I do. I've never told him because I don't think he feels the same way.

I know he cares deeply about me but I don't see how anyone as perfect as him could ever fall in love with me. This isn't a fairy tale. This is real life.

I'm alone in the dorm, the ac blasting. It's way too hot outside. I'm worried if I step outside, I'll melt.

Niall is on a lunch date and Liam left because we were both getting on each other's nerves. We had an argument and he stormed out, not telling me where he's going.

I feel tears stinging at the back of my eyes but I know that I can't let that bother me. I'm way behind on studying, because of our constant fighting. If I distract myself with school work, Liam will be back before I know it.

We had the stupidest argument. I started it, really. Liam said he wants to get a buzz cut for the summer. I said that i love his soft, fluffy hair and that I think he should never cut it.

Liam took this the wrong way, getting offended over the ridiculous idea that I wouldn't find him attractive with short hair.

I tried to explain to him that he'd look beautiful either way but it was too late. We both started raising our voices and Liam had to leave to cool down.

I feel pretty stupid.

It's not until 10 pm that Liam quietly comes through the front door. He looks at me laying on the couch, my laptop sitting on my lap.

"Have you been sitting there all day?" He asks, slipping off his shoes.

I scratch the back of my neck, scrolling through the many pages of an essay I've been typing. "Yup. All day." I sigh.

"That's bad for your eyes, Z." He says, sitting down next to me.

There's a weird tension between us, I scoot away as he peers over my shoulder to look at my essay.

"Yea well...I need to pass." I laugh dryly.

His dark eyes are peering into mine with such intensity, my breath hitches. Without breaking eye contact, he reaches his hand out to close my laptop.

"Come with me to the beach?" He asks, moving his hand to rest on my thigh.

I bite my lip, my eyes fluttering shut as his skilled hand moves higher, brushing over my package.

I grab his wrist, stopping his actions. "Li...as much as I love where this is going...and I really do...I think we really need to talk." I say, my voice shaking.

He raises an eyebrow and pulls away his hand. "About?"

I sigh. "About a lot of things. The stupid argument. School. Our relationship."

He freezes and his eyes fill with sadness. "You're breaking up with me?" He whispers.

I frown. "No, don't be stupid. You mean so much to me, idiot. I'm going to be here as long as you want me."

His face relaxes and a small smile appear on his lips. The lighting is pretty crappy but I'm pretty sure I saw a light blush appear on his cheeks. Well shit. Here I go falling in love all over again.

I fall in love with him over and over again, every time I see him. It's quite ridiculous, really.

"Well that's really good to hear. I never want you to leave. I'll always want you." He says, intertwining our hands. "And I really mean that. No matter how much we fight and no matter all the stupid things we say when we're angry...I love you Zayn. More than you could ever imagine."

My heart skips a beat. Not just one beat, I'm pretty sure my heart stopped working. I forget how to breath and my stomach erupts with a huge angry flock of butterflies.

"Wait I-I don't think I h-heard you correctly." I whisper, my hands shaking. "You said t-that you're....in l-lov-"

"I'm in love with you Zayn. I'm so head over heels for you, princess." He grins shyly, gently grabbing my chin with his large hand.

My eyes flutter shut as my beautiful prince leans forward to connect our lips. He wants to have a slow, sweet kiss but I need more. So much more.

I desperately grip his face, pulling him closer as I speed up the kiss. Liam chuckles, knowing exactly where I'm going.

He expertly slips his tongue into my mouth, causing me to feel euphoric on a whole new level.

It takes everything in me to pull away and lock my eyes with his. "I'm so in love with you too, Li." I whisper, breathlessly.

He smirks. "You're not going to be able to walk for a while after tonight."