Chapter 38

Thank you all for 3k reads and thank you for all the love! ❤️
Zayn's P.O.V.

The next day, after class, Liam, Niall, and I are watching the game in the living room. I should probably be studying but this is a lot more fun.

Niall keeps getting very upset because his team is losing. The little leprechaun is constantly on his feet, nervously pacing back and forth.

Apparently it's some important game for his team but I don't even know what's going on because the whole time I've been watching Liam opening pistachios and eating them. It may seem a bit creepy but he looks so cute while doing it.

His soft head is laying in my lap and I feel so happy and warm. I've never felt so right in my life.

"I think I'm gonna go Skype Waliyha." I say suddenly, pulling out my phone from my back pocket.

"Are you sure?" Liam asks, making eye contact with me.

I nod. "We've always been really close and I miss her a lot."

"But...isn't she...against...your sexuality? I don't know, I just don't want you getting hurt baby." He whispers the last part, while running his thumb over the back of my hand.

My heart flutters a bit but I shake my head. "I can't just never talk to her again." I mutter while opening the Skype app.

"Well okay." Liam says, sitting up. "Niall turn down the TV."

Niall ignores him.

"Oh fuck. She's almost 18." I say, remembering that she has a summer birthday. "She's getting so old."

"Niall, come with me. We're going to get pizza so Zayn can talk to his sister in peace." Liam says, getting up.

"But I have to watch the game!" He complains, stomping his feet like a little kid.

"Niall, I'm gonna count to three. If you're not in the hallway in three seconds, you're grounded for a week." Liam says and I stifle a laugh.

Niall groans and throws the remote at the couch. "Fine. We lost anyway. There's no way we can beat them with the amount of time we have left. Unless we..."

Niall rambles on about whatever he is talking about. Liam sends a wink in my direction, which I return along with a thankful smile.

He nods, blowing me a kiss before closing and locking the front door behind him. It's amazing how I can still hear Niall's loud voice as they walk down the hall.

Soon enough, I see Waliyha's smiling face pop up on the screen. "Zayn hi! How've you been?" She squeals.

Her thick, dark hair is pulled into a messy bun at the top of her head and she's wearing makeup, which is a bit surprising. I've never seen her wearing more than a bit of lip gloss.

Her little baby face changed only a bit, she's beginning to look like a woman now. It's a bit scary.

I smile, relieved to hear her familiar voice. "I'm pretty good, how are you? Any big changes back home?"

She laughs. "As if. It's still boring as ever. But that doesn't matter, I wanna hear more about college. How was dad? He should be coming home in about an hour."

I sigh. "Well yea college is difficult. But I made a couple really good friends and...enjoyed a few parties of course." I say, wiggling my eyebrows.

She laughs. "Ugh I miss you so much. I wish I could hug you."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Didn't mum mention anything about a phone call with dad?"

She bites her lip, taking a deep breath. "Well actually...don't tell mum and dad but...I have a couple of friends who are gay and they're the best friends I could ever ask for. Don't worry Zayn, I'm not going to judge you. I love you." She smiles. "And I also REALLY wanna meet your boyfriend. Is he cute? Or is he more hot? Is he r-"

"Whoa whoa whoa. You don't care that I'm not straight?" I ask, clearly surprised.

"Zayn don't be stupid. It's 2016, I don't understand why sexuality is still such a big problem." She says. "But where is Liam? I wanna see him."

I laugh. "Thank you. That means a lot to know that not everyone in the family hates me. Liam is getting food right now. He should be home soon."

I lay down on my stomach, my chin resting on a pillow as I listen to Waliyha drone on and on about some drama going on in her friend group. I don't mind. I could listen to my little sister talk for hours. She's very entertaining to watch. She gets very excited, throwing her hands around for emphasize.

About 20 minutes later, Liam and Niall walk in. The whole room immediately fills with the delicious smell of pizza, making my mouth water.

"Is that Liam?" She squeals, excitedly.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Wow you're more excited to see my boyfriend than you are to see me."

Liam raises his eyebrow, looking over at me with a smirk on his perfectly sculpted face. It's pretty hot.

 It's pretty hot

"Shut up Zayn. You're boring." She giggles.

I playfully glare at her and she smiles innocently.

I sigh, getting up from the couch. "Okay fine. I'll give my phone to Liam while I enjoy my pizza." I say.

Liam has a confused look on his face as I hand him my phone. I just shrug and get a slice of pizza, plopping back down on the couch, right next to Niall.

He doesn't even notice my presence as he proceeds to stuff his face with food. The kid has no shame.

I'm glad to hear Liam and Waliyha clearly getting along. They keeps talking and laughing as if they've been friends for years.

"Get me another slice while you're up?" Niall asks.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Niall...I'm still sitting. I never got up."

He just shrugs and pushes me off the couch. I fall to the ground with a thud and sit up to glare at him.

"What the hell Niall?" I growl, rubbing my aching shoulder.

He giggles. "Now you're not sitting. Can you get me a slice while you're up?"

"No, fuck you." I say and sit back down, on the other side of the couch this time.

"Oi Niall! Did you just put your hands on my Zayn? If I find one little bruise on his delicate arm, I'm gonna beat your face in." Liam calls from across the room.

The goofy smirk is immediately gone from Niall's face and he turns to look at me. "I am so sorry dear Zayn. I'll go get you an ice pack for that arm and maybe another slice of pizza?" He says.

He's clearly joking but I'm amused to see a hint of fear in his blue eyes. Liam sends a wink in my direction and my heart flutters, yet again.

I'm falling so hard.