Chapter 51

Zayn's P.O.V.

It's been almost two weeks since I've seen Liam. I honestly thought I'd start feeling better at this point but I still have that dull ache in my heart. I miss him.

Sure, I'm not laying around in bed like I did for the first few days but that's because I've learned how to cope with all this better.

I got a job at a nearby art studio, I can finally use my hobby to make money. My boss is a strict asshole but most of the customers are really nice and they pay good money.

Every morning, it takes a huge amount of effort to get me out of bed but I have to remind myself what Liam told me. No person should have that kind of effect on me.

I'm fucking amazing on my own. I'm lucky enough to be in college, getting a degree so one day I can raise a family of my own. And now I have a way to help out my parents with money that I earn on my own. How much better does it get?

Liam promised me we'd meet up again soon but we haven't really talked about the whole London trip since that one night when we talked on the phone. We've been texting back and forth about random things but I need to see him. I need to talk things out with him and see what we do from now on.

Liam: I saw the weirdest duck today
Zayn: that's great Li
Liam: it made my day tbh
Liam: it was ugly but in the cutest way
Zayn: rly?
Liam: rly
Zayn: ay fuck boy
Liam: yes that's me how can I help u? ;)
Zayn: when can I see u again?
Liam: London?
Zayn: yes but when is that
Zayn: I'm impatient and u know it...this is killing me
Liam: feelings mutual
Liam: call me?

I sigh in relief, flopping down on a couch in my parents living room. It sounds like he still has feelings for me but I can't be too sure until I see him and see that genuine, loving spark.

I miss his beautiful, dark eyes. Every time we made eye contact I'd feel butterflies in my stomach and my palms would start sweating.

God, I'm a mess without him. We bring out the best in each other.

I call Liam and wait patiently as it rings. It takes about four rings until he picks up.

"Hey Z." He says.

"Liam. Hi." I say, a big grin already on my face just because I heard his voice.

"How are you?" He asks, his voice sounding extra raspy.

I frown. "I'm fine, did you just wake up?"

There's some shuffling on the other end. "Oh my voice? No I'm actually not feeling too well. I think I'm getting sick."

I groan. "Fuck. I wish I was there to take care of you. Are you cold? What hurts? Do you have a ther-"

"Zayn! It's probably just a cold. I'm okay, babe." He assures me.

I run a hand through my hair and bite my tongue. "Are you sure?" I ask.

He chuckles. "I'm positive. I have my sisters here to take care of me."

"Wait!" I mumble as realization hits me. "You just called me babe...you called me babe! Oh my go-"

"Yes babe, I did. It's because I love you." He reminds me, causing me to blush. It's nice to hear him say those words again.

"This might sounds stupid but..." I nervously tug on a loose thread that's hanging from my sweatshirt. "I kind of thought you don't like me anymore. Like you used to before."

He chuckles. "Zayn, I have a HUGE crush on you. I waited ten seconds before picking up the phone because I didn't want to seem desperate. But I'm really fucking desperate."

The butterflies in my stomach never seem to go away when I'm talking to him. "It's okay. I have a crush on you too." I say, grinning from ear to ear. "I like you, do you like me? Check yes or no." I say in a high pitched voice, trying to sound like a little school boy.

"Yes." He says and I can hear the smile in his voice. "And I so badly want you to be mine again."

"I-"

I get cut off by the front door slamming open. "Zayn, come help with the bags please. I went to the shops for some food." My mum says.

I groan and nod. "I have to go. Meet me in London tonight. 7 pm."

"What? Where? London's quite big I-"

"I love you." I say and turn the phone off.

I don't know where the sudden idea came from but I need to get out of this house. There's negative vibes coming from all different directions and I just need to get out.

"Coming mum!" I yell and follow her into the kitchen.

I act as normal as possible, even though excitement is rushing through my veins. Tonight, I'm running away from home with a very cute boy.