Chapter 19

Zayn's P.O.V.

"B9." Niall says.

I shake my head. "Nope. A3."

He shake his head. "D6."

I groan and my head falls back, landing on Liam's leg who's sitting right behind me. "Niall, this game is boring." I say, pointing to the game of battleship that we've been playing for about half an hour. My bum hurts from sitting on the wooden floor.

Niall pouts. "But we just started."

I immediately feel guilty, seeing his sad face. Niall is like a puppy, you never want to see him sad.

"Maybe we can play something else?" I suggest, turning around to look up at Liam for help.

He just shrugs, his dark eyes grazing over my lips. The light lust in his eyes is enough to spark a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. I break eye contact and turn back to Niall who is searching through the cabinet for a different game.

I flinch when I feel a warm hand on my shoulder but relax once I realize that it's only Liam. I sigh as he lightly tugs at the roots of my hair as he runs his hands through it.

I close my eyes and lean my head against his right knee, I'm sitting between his legs. I feel him beginning to braid my hair again, which I don't mind at all.

"Uh...guys?" I hear an Irish accent say, causing me to snap my eyes open and pull away from Liam's leg. I totally forgot that we're not alone in this room. "Since when do you cuddle, Liam?"

I run a hand through my hair to undo the braid that Liam started and I feel him shift behind me. "I wasn't the one cuddling." He says in a dull tone. I frown and look down at my lap. Did he not want me to lay my head on his leg?

"Zayn...you're straight, right?" He asks me.

"Niall-" Liam begins but I cut him off.

"Yup. I'm going to bed." I say and jump up from my uncomfortable position on the floor. "Goodnight." I say and walk to my room without looking back.

Liam's P.O.V.

Zayn slams his door shut and I flinch. When I look up, Niall's confused eyes are staring back at me.

"Did something happen while I was gone or...?" He trails off, looking at me for answers.

"Uh...I don't think it's something we should talk about right now." I say, shrugging.

He raises his eyebrow. "So something did happen?"

I pinch my lips together and sigh. "Ask Zayn. It's not my place to say it."

He nods and plops down on the couch. "And I guess you don't want to play a board game with me?"

I pout. "I'm sorry Niall. I have a big test tomorrow that I need to be well rested for. I'm hitting the hay."

He sighs and rubs his eyes. "I'm tired too. Goodnight Li."

"Goodnight Ni." He says and I'm satisfied when I see a small smile on his lips as he trudges off to the showers.

I don't need to shower tonight, so instead, I go straight to my room and strip down so I'm just left in my boxers. Instead of laying down in my bed like I should, I walk down the hall and knock on Zayn's door.

"Come in." I hear him mumble.

When I step in, I'm greeted my pitch black. He doesn't sleep with any lights on so I have to feel my way through the darkness.

"Why are you here?" He asks.

I pout. "Why are you like this, Zayn?" I whine, stopping as I begin to make out the outline of his bed and his shelf.

"Like what?" He asks.

"I thought we made up. I thought we were cool again. Why'd you run off?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything for a while. "I didn't run off, I was just tired." He argues.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Goodnight." If he's not going to cooperate, there's no point of losing sleep over him. He's a very stubborn guy.

I shuffle back to the door and just as my hand touches the cool handle, a quiet voice is heard. "Wait Liam." Zayn says.

I turn around. "Yea?"

"I'm sorry." He says, a bit louder. "Can you just lay next to me please?"

I hesitate before walking back over and crawling in bed next to him. I'm not sure if he's okay with me touching him so I keep to myself.

"Are you okay, Zayn?" I ask him.

He sighs and I hear him shuffle. I stiffen when I feel his small arm wrap around my waist. "Yea I'm okay." He mumbles and lays his head on my chest.

I smile and relax into his touch. My arms wrap around his thin waist and he cuddles into my neck.

"Goodnight."