Chapter 7

Zayn's P.O.V.

Class was intimidating.

It's very different from high school in the sense that you have more freedom to do what you want, which was expected. It was cool to see a lot of confused freshman in the same boat as me.

I took notes during the lecture, not wanting to get off on a bad foot. My parents would actually murder me if I failed a class for some reason.

I was never the smartest guy in school. I learn differently from everyone and no one really understood me. Teachers would always yell at me for zoning out but in reality, I physically could not pay attention. My mind was always wandering or I was doodling in my notebook.

For me, every single little test was a big deal. I'd need to study for hours, just for one stupid spelling test. If I didn't, I'd fail and get a good slap to the face.

I'm walking back to the dorms, minding my own business when I feel someone shove me from behind, causing me to trip over my feet and fall to the ground, dropping my phone.

Thankfully I have a protective case so I don't have to worry about it breaking but I slammed my knees really hard into the ground and it hurts like hell.

I groan and roll over onto my bum to see who attacked me. I gasp when I see Harry standing over me, a worried look on his face.

He reaches out his hand to help me up and I flinch away. He frowns and pulls his hand away. "I'm so sorry Zayn, I wasn't trying to push you over." He rushes out and runs a hand through his hair. "Are you okay?"

I frown. "Uh...I'm fine. What the hell did you think was going to happen if you pushed me?"

He shrugs, a guilty look coming over his face. "I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry." He says and pouts his plump lips. I can see his dark green eyes poking through his dark strands of hair.

I raise my eyebrow. "Okay...?" I stand up and try to ignore all the weird looks the two of us are getting from the other students.

An amused expression takes over his tanned face. "Isn't it surprising? I can actually be nice."

I bite my lip and smile. "I wasn't going to question it, just go along with it."

He puts his hand on my shoulder. "I may be protective but I don't like hurting people."

I frown. "You beat me up yesterday?"

He takes a step forward. "That's because you were touching my Lou Bear." He growls and I take a step back.

"I'm sor-"

He shakes his head, causing his curls to bounce. The angry look falls from his face. "Don't bother. After I gave Lou a good butt fuck yesterday, he explained the whole situation of you being lonely and how you're completely straight."

I blink my eyes, still surprised at how casually he mentions things like this. I nod. "Well it won't happen again, I'm gonna go now."

"Bye Zayn." He says and shoots me a quick grin. His brown hair bounces over his shoulders as he walks away.

Is everyone here so weird and bipolar?

By the time I get back to my room, my knees sting from the fabric of my jeans rubbing into my wounds. I can feel the wetness on my skin, assuring me that the hard impact on the sidewalk cut through my skin.

I hiss out in pain and collapse onto the couch. I'm the first one back from classes so I rip off my skinny jeans, leaving me just in my boxers.

I gasp when I see the dark blood covering my right knee. My left knee just seems to be a little bruised.

I walk into the kitchen and grab two ziplock bags, filling them with ice. I bring them both back to the living room and place them on my knees as I watch whatever game is on tv.

I start getting really into the derby match and about half an hour into it, the door flies open. I groan in disgust when I see Liam pushing a man against the wall, kissing him furiously.

I run to the kitchen to grab my wallet and phone. I'm leaving to go get food while they fuck.

I awkwardly stand in the hallway, waiting for them to move so I can leave. I don't understand why I feel blood rushing to my penis when I watch the way Liam palms the older looking man.

I clear my throat and Liam pulls away to look up at me, a scowl on his flushed face.

"What?" He growls.

My eyes widen at his harsh tone. "I-I just I need...I need to get past you two."

Liam smirks and his eyes trail down my body. "You might need some trousers, buddy." He chuckles and grabs the man's arm, dragging him to the couch.

I feel my cheeks burn and I keep my eyes down as I quickly walk to my bedroom. I let out a sigh of relief and I quickly rummage through my shelves, trying to ignore the deep sounds of pleasure coming from the living room.

I slip on some sweatpants and I check my hair in the mirror before heading back out. I keep my eyes down again as I jog to the front door. Hopefully they'll be done soon, I need to take a nap. I'm still jet lagged and my first day has been exhausting.

I walk to a McDonalds which is only a few minutes off campus. I get a bunch of nasty, greasy food and I eat it while scrolling through my phone.

A wave of homesickness hits me when I read through the many text message from my family, asking me about my first day.

My eyes widen when I see an incoming call from my mother.

"Hello?" I say after picking up. I take a big bite from my cheese burger and try to finish it quickly so I can respond to whatever he says.

"Hello Zayn. It's your father." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Yes I know, I have caller ID."

"Zayn, your mother and I have both agreed to take double shifts so we can come visit you." He says and I smile.

"Really? That's great. You're not over working are you? You know how mum is wit-"

"We're fine Zayn. We just wanted to let you know. Take care Zayn, goodnight." He says and hangs up.

I groan in frustration. He's always hanging up on me. He sees nothing wrong with it but it pisses me off. There might be something I want to add but never get the chance to.

I scroll through my contacts and press on Liam's name. He added his info into the phone last night.

Me: u done yet?

Liam: haha all finished, cum on back innocent one

Me: I see-men what you did there

Liam: Zayn Malik, r u sexting me?

Me: I would never ;)

Liam: damn Malik. I always knew u were gay but now I see just how bad u want me

I roll my eyes but I can't hold back the huge smile on my face as I throw away my trash. I leave the restaurant and walk at a fast speed back to campus, for some reason I'm excited to see Liam.

The way that he sleeps around constantly disgusts me but at the same time, I feel a weird pull towards him. As if we're destined to be...friends. Good friends.