Chapter 18

Zayn's P.O.V.

I wake up to the annoying sound of my phone buzzing. I thought I put it on silent, but it must've been on vibrate.

I groan and feel around for it. It's laying right next to my pillow so I pick up the call while rubbing my eyes, trying to wake myself up.

"Hello?" I grumble.

"Zayn? Where the hell are you? Why aren't you picking up you phone?" I flinch when I hear Liam's voice, yelling at me through the phone.

I blink and take a look around. The earlier events of today begin flooding back in, causing a surge of anger and jealousy to flash through me.

"I'm sleeping. Goodnight." I say, through my clenched teeth and hang up the phone.

I throw my phone onto the small bedside table and close my eyes again. Less than a minute later, it buzzes again.

I roll my eyes and pick up, more angry this time. "What do you want?" I say, quietly enough to not wake up Louis or Harry, but my voice is filled with venom.

"I want to know where you are and why you hate me?" Liam says, his voice softer.

I roll over on the bed, so I'm facing the ceiling. "I'm at Louis's place." I answer.

He sighs. "Why? And why are you pissed off at me?" He asks.

"No reason at all."

"Zayn." He pushes.

"Liam." I mock his stupid, yet very attractive, accent.

"Zayn, answer me." He says, getting annoyed.

I sigh and bite my lip. "You brought someone home Liam. You brought him home and slept with him when you're well aware of my feelings towards you." My voice is a lot softer now.

There's a few moments of silence before he speaks up. "I didn't realize that we were dating." He says.

I clench my fists. "You're right. We're not. I'm just over reacting." My voice is filled with venom once again as I end the call and put my phone on silent.

I can't sleep for the rest of the night, constantly tossing and turning. It's not until 5 am that I give up.

I get up from the small bed and make my way out to the living room. I'm surprised to find Louis and Harry sprawled out on the couch, cuddling together as they sleep.

It reminds me of the time that Liam and I fell asleep together on the couch. It was awkward when we woke up and even though I'm pissed off at him, I wish he'd hold me like that again.

I'm sad.

I leave a quick note for Louis and Harry, thanking them for letting me stay. I don't want to wake them up so I quietly slip on my shoes, which are still laying by the door from yesterday.

I'm not sure where to go so I just wander down the hallway and eventually find my way out of the large dorm building.

The sun is just beginning to rise so I take off my shoes and walk along the shore line of the small part of beach that's on campus. The soft sand feels really good against my tired and sore feet.

I let the cool water lap at my feet as I begin jogging. If I want to get in shape, I'll have to work hard for it.

I jog all the way from one end of the beach, to the other, and back down again without stopping. All together, I jogged for about 20 minutes without stopping, which is pretty good.

I decide to be done for today, sweat is pouring down my face and there's already people coming out onto the beach.

I push my sweaty hair out of my face with a headband. It gets the job done so I walk quickly to my dorm. Hopefully Liam is still asleep so I'll be able to grab some new clothes, shower, and then go to my room without him bothering me.