Jotun Chronicles

Currently there are three completed stories in this series:
Frost
Fire
Flood

Category: Fantasy, magic, Norse legend
Rating: 8.5/10 

Each book takes you on a journey with a different lead, but they are all somewhat connected. I highly suggest that you read them in that order to have a full appreciation of the stories.

Each book is filled with action, mystery, and a cute romantic interest for the female lead. As suggested by the title of each one, a different elemental power is used by the lead in each book. Ice, fire, then water. These are great stories if you like to read about women who kick ass.

Summaries of each story, as written by the author.

Frost:
Megan is pretty unhappy when she's forced to move to a tiny, freezing town in Canada. It's going to be totally boring, right? Things heat up when she discovers that she possesses a growing power that's becoming more and more difficult to control. Not only that, but the power has attracted some interesting people. A smouldering young man who claims to be her rescuer, and his icy but attractive enemy. They're both claiming to be the good guy, so who exactly is she supposed to trust? Megan finds herself embroiled in an ancient battle between two kingdoms, slowly discovering an identity she never knew she had

Fire:
Jess Parker has made a number of mistakes. The first was burning her school to the ground. The second, getting caught by the handsome, yet maddening boy who calls himself Asher, who tells her things that can't possibly be true. Now Jess finds herself blundering through a new and alarming world, leaving a trail of blazing destruction behind. She must choose between warring factions, two sides of an ancient war that both want her. And most of all, she must try to harness her explosive powers before they consume her.

Flood:
The Jotun have been fighting amongst themselves for centuries. But now Valka, a young servant from the ice palace, is about to discover a new and terrible enemy has arisen.

BONUS!

Bright

While the first part of this book is complete, the author has decided to start publishing the sequel to this series under the same book. It's because of this that I have not included it, since I wanted to keep my recommendations for completed books only, and as it stands it seems that maybe she is thinking of combining them. Also, it is not part of the Jontun Chronicles. But, I still wanted to give it a mention, because this is also a great story.

Summery:

What happens when the new guy at school makes you glow? Literally.

When Olivia Peterson meets Daniel Blake on the first day back to school, she is completely unimpressed with him. For starters, he introduces himself by pulling her into the janitor's broom closet. Who DOES that? Not to mention, Oliva begins to think that maybe he has problems with the truth. He says he knows her, that they've met before.

But that's impossible. Because she would have remembered the boy with stars in his eyes.

In a split second, a flash of light, OIivia is pulled into a battle between two unstoppable forces. Mystical beings who battle for dominance in a world beyond our own. She has Daniel to guide her, and Steven, a warrior from the other side who claims to be part of a rebellion. But soon Oliva finds herself caught between the two men, and walking a precariously fine line between her heart and her head. She can't let emotions cloud her judgment, or put her trust in someone who doesn't deserve it, because the consequences might be fatal.