Immortal Claiming Series

There are two completed books in this series:
Claiming of the Demon King
The Hunter's Queen

Category: Demons, vampires, werewolf, paranormal, fantasy, magic
Rating: 10/10

WARNING. These books are for mature readers only. Sometimes if you are uncomfortable reading those types of scenes you can just skip over it, however with this book, it is very important to read it all in order to fully understand the characters, as well as see how the relationship develops.

Claiming of the Demon King is a wonderful story that shows how a lead female can be brave and strong by being understanding rather than fighting. I just loved how she approached a difficult situation with an open mind, and continues to try and help even when obviously scared and hurt.

The world is set in our normal modern day, but shows how the paranormal live within it, unbeknownst to humans. There is everything from witches, elves, werewolves, vampires, demons, and much more.

The Hunter's Queen follows the story of Vincent Shaw, the former antagonist of the first book. The other point of view we get to read is from Evelyn, a shy mystic. Her character is very submissive, but she also proves to be extremely valuable, and very interesting. I really loved seeing how she grows, all the while keeping her kind heart.

I remember reading in one of the author's notes, that she really likes Vincent as a character, and I never understood why. In the first book he's a jerk that seems to only care about himself. In The Hunter's Queen I understood what she meant, and also took a liking Vincent. You really do grow a better understanding for him, and I love that the author is able to do that for you through writing. My heart ached for him, and there was at least one time where I can remember reading something that it may have broken for him as well. Yeah. This book is that good.

And oh yes, plenty of hot scenes in this one as well. ;) Characters that were in the first book also appear in this one, as they have an important role in the overall plot of this series.

Summaries:

The Claiming of the Demon King

Sebastian is a demon lord who has a curse put on him from a scorned lover. After years of torment, he seeks out a lover to fill his desires.

Victoria is taken away from her home, and is left with no choice but to sell herself over to a world that she had no idea existed, and starts to learn more about herself, and her long dead mother. 

The Hunter's Queen

In his time of need, Levina brings Vincent to the mystic/skilled alchemist, Evelyn The Meek, in hopes to help him heal. Evelyn is very shy, but soon comes out of her shell, and discovers parts of her that were unknown. 

Vincent needs to create bonds in order to defeat his older brother, who is part of the Legion. This is Vincent's story, as he strives to become the Werewolf King, and how Evelyn can give him the strength to reach that goal.