The Ice Weaver (Removed)

This story has been removed from Wattpad, due to frustrations the author has had with the website and plagiarism. Also, the book has been edited and the title changed since I originally read it two years ago, but that can only mean that it gets even better. I encourage you to visit her website (www.hollyhamwrites.com), and find out how you can read this amazing book if it looks like something you would be interested in.
Even though it is no longer available on Wattpad, I still want to keep my review up in support of this author.

Category: Fantasy, magic

Rating: 8/10

This book is set in a different world. The author makes it easy for you to understand the different landmasses and borders by giving you a picture of a map early on, in which you can reference if needed. This story includes magic, pirates, and a bit of romance. Although I do love romance stories, I find that a lot of Wattpad writers lean on the relationship of their characters in order to advance the plot. This story's plot is already strong enough on its own.

I liked that the main character in this book is flawed. Flawed in the sense that what she wants to do doesn't align with what you want her to do. This can be frustrating, but at the same time makes things unpredictable. And with all the twists in this story, you never have to worry about predictability.

A sequel has been announced, but is not yet ready to be published. I look forward to it because I feel like there is so much more to be known about the characters and about this made up world.

Summary as written by the author:

Eira is the princess of Joska, a snowy land without magic. But there's one slight problem: she has ice magic that she can't control. As a child, her father locked her away and deemed her ineligible to be Joska's heir. But on his death bed, guilt plagues his mind and his final wish is for Eira to succeed him.

The royal advisors believe Eira is too inexperienced and softly spoken to take on such a burden alone and demand she marries. But marriage is the least of her worries when her magic spirals out of control and her own kingdom turns against her.

Left with nobody else, Eira is forced to ally with Captain Emrys Glyn - a ruthless pirate more interested in her magic than treasure. He is as cunning as he is charming and Eira has no doubt he plans on using her magic for his own twisted ambitions.

Despite everything opposing her, Eira is determined to make her father proud and be the Queen he wished she would be.