Masked series

Category: Werewolf
Rating: 9/10

Currently there are two completed stories in this series:

Masked
Buried

A third book has been announced, but is not yet complete/posted.

Finally! A werewolf story, featuring a female protagonist who isn't kidnapped/stalked by an Alpha male. Don't get me wrong, I have read and enjoyed many of those stories, but they get old and predictable after a while. I also find that the supporting characters in those types of stories very dull, and skipping over any parts they are in, just so I can get back to the main plot. This is why I haven't really featured any werewolf centered stories on here yet. I want to keep this list to original ideas, and believable plots and character development.

'Masked' is a story about a human who had become involved in the werewolf world, but not because her mate is one (*GASP!*). Those of you who enjoy romances, I strongly advise you to read this, and to not be discouraged. While it may not seem like a romance, it is in there, but it is also cleverly introduced. I'm a sucker for romantic stories, but I'm an enthusiast for great stories with engaging plots and many twists.

I loved this story because of the mystery/crime theme, with a paranormal twist, and the occasional cute moments thrown in. The author knows just the right amount of information to give you, and where to put it so that you don't get too frustrated, but also remain guessing throughout the entire book. What I also found interesting is that the protagonists are not aged 17 – 25, as I most normally see with the stories posted on this website. I don't recall reading what the main character's actual age is, but she's hinted to be somewhere in her early 30's.

'Buried' is the sequel/spin-off to 'Masked', and follows a very similar style as the first. Those of you who are hesitant to give squeals a try if they do not have the same main characters at the one before should really start giving them a try. If you fall in love with a book and it's characters, it's because of the person who wrote it. Put your trust into them that their next book that takes place in the same world will be just as awesome, and you will not be disappointed. 

To end off my review, I leave you with this quote by one of my favourite authors. I think it speaks for itself when it comes to the majority of these stories:

"If you are a student you should always get a good nights sleep unless you have come to the good part of your book, and then you should stay up all night and let your schoolwork fall by the wayside, a phrase which means 'flunk'."

- Lemony Snicket

Summaries as written by the author:

Masked

Werewolves are dying, killed by an unknown virus. With mutilated corpses littering the landscape, the secret of their existence is on the brink of exposure. An unlikely team, involving a werewolf Alpha and human data specialist, are the only beings who stand between the Werewolf race and disaster.

Until the humans start dying too.

Someone is manufacturing and distributing a new drug that is killing Werewolves. Those responsible need to be found before the epidemic gets out of control and the human population discover their existence.

The Alliance have put their hope in two broken individuals.

He is the icy, enigmatic Alpha Commander, responsible for the protection and safety of all packs in the Alliance from any and all threats from Rogues and Humans. He has felt the lonely burden and weight of command for nearly 200 years.

She is a forensic investigator and human under the protection of the Brandemburg Pack. Ten years ago she was thrown into a world she was unaware existed. Events from that night still haunt her dreams.

Forced to work together to track down the source of this new drug, both must overcome their prejudices and animosity towards each other to be able to save the lives of innocent Humans and Weres alike.

The question is, can they do this before they kill each other

Buried

Hate. Contempt. The only emotions Murphy O'Neill is capable of. Hate for Elijah, the Werewolf who brutally and savagely killed his mate. Contempt for the Alliance, who allowed the murderer to escape.

A string of gruesome slayings in Boston points to Elijah's return, and Murphy is determined to track him down and make him pay for destroying his life. The one thing stopping him? A mouthy, opinionated FBI agent who just can't be told to mind her own business.

Twenty years ago, the Boston Wolf Killer suddenly disappeared without a trace. The killings stopped and the city began to breathe again. Kaitlyn Quinn's father, a detective with the Boston PD, was the last victim before the police and FBI lost all trace.

Special Agent Quinn has been assigned to the FBI's task force to track this killer down. For Kaitlyn, it's personal. She intends to bring her father's killer to justice no matter the cost. Even if it means teaming up with an ice cold, emotionless FBI Profiler. Everything is not as it seems, and Kaitlyn is thrust into a world she didn't know existed.

To catch the psychotic killer, Kaitlyn and Murphy must put aside their animosity and navigate the thin line the separates their two worlds.