The Amber Aerie Dragons Series

Category: Fantasy
Rating: 8/10

WARNING: Slight sexual content 

Books in this series:
The Dragon's Slave
The Dragon's Rogue

While the series, so far, does not revolve heavily around sex (despite being called an erotic story), you can still expect mature content to pop up. If sex scenes bother you, then you can skip through it, and you shouldn't miss too much in regards to plot.

The first book is fairly short when compared to other stories here on Wattpad, meaning you can probably get through it all within two days (if you power-read it). While it may be short, I feel like it ended in a good place, when you regard where the second book picks up. You have the climax, the falling action, and then the ending. This is also the type of book that will leave you wanting more at the end though. And even though the second book is in a different POV, it's necessary in order to further the plot.

The second book picks up pretty much right after the first, but from another person's POV, who happens to be a Shifter. Beloved characters from the first book are included in the sequel, which is always nice. I think my favourite part about reading this installment was how much I got sucked into what the character is feeling during certain parts. You really do become immersed in the story and emotions. Questions you have from the first book will be answered, but many more also appear. 

If you are a fan of dragons, werewolves, and other mysterious (dark?) magic, then this is what you need to read. Plus the fact that you get details about a ton of hot men walking around half (sometimes fully) nude is also a great aspect.

Summaries as written by the author:

The Dragon's Slave

I smoothed the silken robes that clung tightly to my soft brown skin, accenting each of my curves to perfection. I knew they were so, because each waking moment of my life was spent ensuring it. From the carefully measured meals to the strict exercise regime, the choosing house kept meticulous track of every part of my physical aspect. Ensuring I had enough nutrition to produce healthy, womanly curves. Enough exercise to ensure I was physically fit and toned with only a slight degree of softness.

Three years I had been maintained in such a way. Prepared for the pleasure of another.

At least, that's what the managers thought they prepared me for. I knew different. I knew they prepared me for my escape.

For three years I pushed myself hard during the exercise sessions, specifically the endurance, but I didn't skimp on upper body and leg strength either. That is, not until my instructors became suspicious. After the second time exercise was removed from me for pushing too hard I learned to fake a certain degree of weakness. 

 The better to enact my plan anyhow. For the day I was chosen was the day I would take my freedom and then I would flee to the southern lands where rumor spread that a runaway slave might have freedom from sexual service.

I didn't expect him.

The Dragon's Rogue

There are many things that can be predicted accurately. My life, it seems, is not one of them.

Cast from the Onyx Aerie it is not surprising that my pack struggled with the adjustment of life in the wild forest. And when the first members went missing it was logical to blame the many well known dangers. But it didn't stop with a few Shifters, six in total were gone. And the last...the last one was my sister. And by the Six Gods I was not going to sit around and wait any longer for the Alpha's cautious maneuvering. It was time to get her back.

Fortunately, I had a plan.

Unfortunately, the plan involved betraying my pack and releasing a secret hidden for nearly a month.

The question was, would he be worth it?