The Dark Prince

There are four books which complete this series:

The Dark Prince
The Dark Heart
The Dark Deceit
The Darkest Night

Category: Magic, elf, fantasy
Rating: 9/10

This is a series of books that takes you to a land where you will encounter fae, magic, war, and romance. Each book is told through the eyes of a different human female lead, but is also connected to a very important male that comes from another land.

This series is very complex, in a sense where all the books are connected in a very important way, in which you don't realize until you read further in. You also continue to read about the other characters as the series goes on, so not to worry if you fall in love with a character in one book, since they will be back later on. 

I think what I loved about these stories is the character development in the male protagonists. My favourite character from all of these books has to be Corin. He shows that being strong isn't always about physical strength, but also overcoming the challenges that he must go through. 

Summaries as written by the author:

The Dark Prince

Laen is Prince of the Dark fae, with a temper and reputation to match his black eyes, and a heart that despises the human race. When he is sent back through the forbidden gates between realms to retrieve an ancient fae artifact, he returns home with far more than he bargained for.
Océane DeBeauvoir is an artist and bookbinder who has always relied on her lively imagination to get her through an unhappy and uneventful life. A jewelled dagger put on display at a nearby museum hits the headlines with speculation of another race, the fae. But the discovery also inspires Océane to create an extraordinary piece of art. Océane's lonely and romantic heart has created the story of The Dark Prince, but it soon becomes apparent that her story cannot be confined to the pages of a book. And it seems that her hero is far from the troubled, romantic figure she had painted, but something much more sinister. 

The Dark Heart

Corin is crown prince of Alfheim, the elven lands and used to the females in his life indulging his every desire but after losing the first women who ever touched his heart to his best friend, he swears he'll never let anyone get that close again. Under pressure from the royal family to marry and produce an heir, he decides the only solution is to take a woman from the human realm, someone he has no fear of falling for... and he'll use every trick in the elven book to get exactly what he wants.
All he needs is for her to accept three gifts... and she will be totally under his control. 

  The Dark Deceit  

Appearances can be deceptive.
Like Snow White's apple the exterior may be shiny and innocent, while underneath a secret lurks, a maggot writhing at the core. At the heart of the fae lands lies a secret that could tear apart everything Prince Corin has come to love and hold dear but it is a secret he himself must keep.
Secrets, lies and scandal, are the coin of the fae court and no man's reputation is more scandalous that the Duke of Dannon. Boredom has drawn him to turn his elegant hand to the dirty work of being the Queen's chief spy and... secret lover. Feared and admired, his dark reputation does little to keep the women from trying to snare him, a fate that he refuses to contemplate.
A sickness born of the human realm looms over the fae like a dark cloud as the tainted mortal world begins to poison both them and their land.
The Queen however has a plan; as rumours reach her that a faery man, long since dead and regarded as a saint for his incredible healing powers, fathered a child in the mortal realm. If the man's gift has been passed on... to his great, great granddaughter, Anaïs, the Queen wants it; and Dannon is just the man to get it for her.
Corin, Laen and Dannon will soon be drawn towards a bloody battle for power......will it be Anaïs who tips them over the edge?

The Darkest Night  

The War has begun.
Prince Corin and Prince Laen, united against the light fae, are battling their way to the capital, Aos­, where Corin will claim the Kingdom for his own. The land is pleading for a new leader, someone to save it, and the people, from its treatment at the hands of King Auberren but has Corin waited too long... has he time enough to do what he must as the land screams for him in his mind, pushing his sanity to the limits of what he can bear?
Laen is his ever present defender, brother, best friend and the man he will have no choice but to betray if he finally succeeds.In winning the war, what, exactly will Corin lose?
The war leaves no one untouched and Claudette is torn in two directions as she fears for the lives of three men in her life. She is following Corin to the Capital, terrified that she may lose him, and waiting desperately for news from Bram, her personal spy; a disgraced nobleman turned highwayman. He has gone to find her brother in the human world but trouble follows Bram like the tail on a cat, and this time, instead of running from his problems...
...he's going to have to take them home with him.

There are also many other books that this author has written in relation to the characters that are in the Dark Prince series, so there is no way that you should feel like there is a shortage of reading material.