The Dark Bloods series

Category: Demons, fantasy, magic
Rating: 9/10

Currently there are two completed stories in this series:
Inner Demon
Act of a Demon

I found out about this series when wandering down the Wattpad rabbit hole one day, and then proceeded to binge-read through the first two books. That's how addicting these are.

What I really love about novels that are in a series, is when there are events that happen, or things said in one book, that are later explained in the next. That feeling of "OOOOH! I get it now!" or "No WAY" is why I love to read. The author has a real knack for those things throughout the series. To me it shows that they have a plan from the start, and aren't just writing from the seat of their pants. Everything that happens has a purpose.

These books have pulled on my heart strings, and have really made me form a connection to the characters. These are not just names on a screen to me. The personalities of everyone mentioned are very distinct, and you really do form a connection. Without spoiling anything, I would say my favourite character is Mundus. Just the way he has developed, and also the turmoil and heartache he has to go through really makes you want to cheer for him.

Currently the first two books are finished, with the third in production. It has been awhile since they have updated, but I have faith that we will be seeing more. Even so, the first two books stand out on their own, which is why I am adding them to this list.

Summaries as written by the author:

Inner Demon

The day Reyna gives her friend Dante the chance to be her boyfriend is the day a demon's soul awakens within her body. His name is Mundus, and when night falls, his essence overwhelms her in a frightening way.

Chaos and oddities become the norm in Reyna's life. She finds an ancient, transforming sword that cries; her scarred and mysterious uncle moves into her house; and a disturbed young man with a living shadow seems to be following her.

Despite the turmoil, Reyna can't help but find Mundus attractive, yet before her hectic emotions can be sorted, something else awakens within her. Something that will take Reyna and Mundus into another realm... The one of demons. 

Act of a Demon

The mortal world has fallen into chaos, and death reigns under Demon Queen Blethinette's rule. Mundus, Erian, and Cerus stand by her side along with an overwhelming fiendish army that has pushed Auronmar and his diminishing forces to retreat back to Demon World. 

Reyna and Dante, deprived of the opportunity to fight in the war, feel more like prisoners than protected guests in Auronmar's castle. When Blethinette's demons find and attack the hidden fortress, Reyna and her companions are forced to run, coming across an interesting individual who knows secrets about the Dark Bloods even Mundus is unaware of. 

However, the demon prince also has secrets of his own. When Mundus and Reyna have their inevitable confrontation, what will that mean for them and the two worlds they are from?