XV: The Bases Are Loaded, So is the Enemy's Gun

Sorry for the long wait you guysss

I've been pretty busy and this chapter was kinda hard to write. Hopefully you guys like it yo! 

*Warning: Unedited

____________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XV: The Bases Are Loaded, So is the Enemy's Gun

AMANDA

“We are some lucky girls,” Melanie sang softly as she leaned back on her elbows, staring at the softball team heading to the school bus. Her dominant red lipstick lightened her skin. “Going to the Championship game and be surrounded by the softball team. What a dream,” she chuckled, glancing at the few girls lingering in the windows as they watched the softball girls.

I didn’t understand her point in dressing up for this day. Yes, it was the Championship game but there was no reason to beautify yourself. I took a look on the rest of the girls in the Yearbook Club to see them in nothing but their usual attire that they wore everyday not like Melanie. The outfit that I would usually see her in during school hours were replaced with a black, long sleeved dress that reached just above the knees paired with flats. Her brown waves that was always loose and never tied was pinned to a high bun that rested on the edge of her crown. Her makeup was light and the faint perfume I had a whiff of had all the signs of her trying to impress someone. 

The big question was the ‘who?’ part.

I tried to find where her gaze would promptly land on for the longest as a given sign of who she liked but they just drifted from player to player of the team. Not once given them a second glance. She even glanced at Danni but her carefree reaction was different. Her hazel eyes narrowing and her red coated lips pinched into a thin line of dissatisfaction. Besides her newly expression on her face, Melanie looked beautiful laying on the grass with the sun bathing her, outlining the few curves she had. I would be jealous along with the rest of the girls for Melanie’s beauty. 

“Good afternoon, ladies,” a voice spoke up.

A voice that brought cold chills down my spine of dread.

I looked up to find Rhea standing a few feet away from us with a smirk on her lips and her black hair falling over her shoulders like beautiful waves. Her golden blue eyes glanced at every member of the club and I noticed the faint dark circles underneath her piercing eyes. Despite her tattoos giving a colorful tone to her skin, her face looked slightly pale and her bottom lip had a few cuts as if she was gnawing at it deeply to draw blood. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Melanie jumped to her feet and strode her way to Rhea. Each step she took her, her hips swayed more than usual. Her own seductive dance she played in. Was the person she liked finally here? I looked around, staring at the softball team to find anyone who was watching Melanie but they were all talking amongst each other or stretching their limbs. Danni seemed to isolate herself with her earphones set in as her head hung back, letting the sun bathe her. If Danni was here, where was Helena?

Surely, Helena wouldn’t miss this game. 

“What happened to your hands, Rhea?” Melanie’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I reverted my attention back to the girl who cradled the woman’s hands in hers, gently dragging her finger along the bruises on Rhea’s knuckles.