XVIII. Home Sweet Home with a Spice of Phantoms

I'M SORRY I HAVENT UPLOADED! FORGIVE MEEEEEE

On the other hand, this story is closer to its ending. Until then, read on my padawans and may the Force be with you wherever you are. 

*UNEDITED

_______________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XVIII.    Home Sweet Home with a Spice of Phantoms

AMANDA

I was surrounded by darkness once again.

It seemed it would never leave me.

The darkness. Many say the darkness are where the monsters lurk. Darkness is their home apart from under our beds and in our closets. Darkness is the realm of madness. I was surrounded by that - by my own madness. Each time I closed my eyes, the events that occurred in the past days burned my mind. It kept me from falling asleep and held my sanity in a tight grip. 

I was afraid of closing my eyes and having to see that sadistic look in those golden blue eyes that belonged to the person who’s initials scarred my skin. Besides that, I was afraid if I do close my eyes that I would wake up with the metal brace tightly locked around my neck and chained to a wall while Rhea grinning at me as if taunting me that freedom could never be for me. In all honesty, I gave props to the Hellcat. She drove me to the path of insanity by destroying me emotionally and mentally.

It was the fear she gave me as a reminder of what she’d done to me. It wasn’t the brand on my body but the fear. I could cover the brand but not the fear. If it did, it would still lurk there, creeping on me until one day it would break through and smother me in a cocoon that I won’t be able to get out of. I don’t know how I would get through these days. I may start putting post-aid notes everywhere telling me that I wasn’t dreaming; that I was away from Rhea and safe in the confines of my room. 

I sighed, rubbing my face with my hands as the sound of crickets singing in the night seemed to flow through the small opening of the window and filled the room. The moonlight didn’t illuminate the room as much as I wished it to do so. The guest room Danni had allowed me to sleep in - since I denied sleeping in her room while she slept here - had thick curtains covering the windows, keeping any light from coming in. 

It was making it worse for me to sleep since I kept staring at the darkness, my mind slowly conjuring figures scaring me with its imagination. I could almost feel those figures edging closer to the bed. Their hands reaching out to me as I sat there with my back against the headboard staring at the dark figures coming closer and closer…and closer. The sound of a chain dragging against the floor and something sizzling rang in my ears. My body was frozen and all I could do was let my mind be the one to thin the line between sanity and insanity. 

I could start to feel my throat constrict as if something heavy was wrapped around it and screws were being tightened to make the grip squeeze tight around my neck making it unable to breath. Frantic, I reached my throat dreading to feel the metal brace that once made its home around my neck for the past few days only to sigh in relief as I felt my own skin. The panic that was beginning to asphyxiate every senses of mine was slowly dimming as I did my best to grasp my sanity.

It was strange how one night being told that I was safe and protected that I was actually not at all when the greater danger was the damage Rhea had done to me. I was beginning to lose my mind at each passing moment when the darkness - the same darkness that encased me in that traumatizing room I was in before - was slowly smothering my mind and keeping any reasonable thought from banishing it.