Epilogue

Stubborn Hearts:

Epilogue

Two Years Later…

“Can I open my eyes now?”

I stifled my chuckle as I watched the blonde-haired beauty tapping her foot impatiently whilst waiting for my command to open those beautiful eyes I loved gazing to each day and night. 

Amanda Langston changed my life completely.

The moment I finally opened myself up to this girl and accepted the reality that I was in love with her was the day she made me feel that I would never be alone. I feared loneliness. I feared of losing the people I loved. It was my fear that I couldn’t be the great leader and friend I could be. I pushed others away to keep them safe when in truth, I was putting them in danger. It was a mistake I regret each day when I gaze at this girl who had the evidence forever marked on her skin. 

The thing I loved about this girl who kept groaning out of impatience was that she would always make me understand fully well that nothing that happened to her was my fault. It was her decision from the start to save me in that alley a few years ago. It still leaves me in awe that this girl chose me over having a normal life. She loved me with all my anger and bloody past. I was a fragile soul looking for a way to be mend myself and here was my savior willing to do just that. 

“Lena,” Amanda snapped out of frustration, “I’m going to be late for my Accounting class.”

I scoffed as I glanced at my watch only to see it was 10:43am, an hour before her class started. “Why do you insist on being early?”

“I like being early to my classes, Miss ‘College-is-stupid-let’s-just-waste-our-lives-in-the-streets’.”

“Umm, ouch. Who knew you being an impatient hag would make you rude too.”

Amanda sighed, her teeth nibbling on her lower lip.

It had been two years and a half when she decided to take out her snakebites and let her plump lips be though, the habit of chewing her snakebites changed to biting her lip. Either way, she still looked sexy nibbling on her lips. As the soft wind blew, I watched as it blew her blonde curls back revealing the hickeys decorating her collar bone and neck. The satisfaction of seeing those markings engulfed me, knowing that no one would dare touch what belonged to the Head Phantom.

I had been the Head Phantom for more than three years, the same time when I was given the position as Head of the Phantoms. The Eagle had stepped down along with his council men and I took over. It was more responsibilities to have on my shoulders but it wasn’t something I couldn’t handle. I was still looking for a perfect candidate to be the next Head of the Phantoms but no one showed much potential. Damien and Louie were satisfied of being in the council as Overseer and Advisor. My schedule was full with meetings and business propositions and I finally realized how the Eagle began to have grey hairs with all the stress but I had my little savior at home. 

After Amanda graduated from her high school after me, I had asked her to move in with me. It was a bold move and a little frightening when Amanda was the first girl to ever move in with me in my family home. She was there for me when I came to the decision of moving my parents’ and brother’s possessions to a storage. It was difficult closing the doors in my life but I left them ajar in case I wanted to recall any memories. 

“Can I open my eyes now?” She snapped, getting my attention.

“If you promise not to slap me or harm me whatsoever, then yes.”