XXXI. An Eye for an Eye to Satisfy the Hellcat

Only four chapters left until this story finishes! :DD

Plus the epilogue ;)

Enjoy!.....and don't hate me<3

________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XXXI.    An Eye for an Eye to Satisfy the Hellcat

AMANDA

It was strange to be back here in Roosevelt High School.

It was months since I walked through these halls where it wasn’t filled with just female students but co-ed with guys who were more rowdy than the girls. I was used to girls gushing over the latest news about a celebrity or upcoming movies or clothes that fitted a cliché so perfectly. This was normal--the normalcy I’ve been wanting but it seemed…wrong to want this. 

In Black Woods Academy, I’ve met great people even though those people led me into dangerous situations. But spending time with them were great memories. The sadness that was flooding the hole in my chest continued to spill as I took each step towards my first class. I hadn’t seen my old friends which made me think if they had forgotten about me. Though, I should feel hurt that maybe they had but in all honesty, I didn’t. I had friends back in the Academy even though most of them were gang members and would probably scare the crap out of these people but they were friends.

Two in particular have feelings for me. One had finally told me that she likes me even if it took her this long to say them and when I decided to say goodbye to them and the lifestyle they opened the curtains to me. 

Students walked passed me all with grins and laughter. Couples leaned against the lockers as they spent lost in their own worlds, friends were the loudest as they guffawed over a joke on of them said, and a few teachers walked amongst the students either together or individually speaking to a few of the students. It was so normal that I almost felt nauseous over it. I was just another face in a sea of people with a past that still haunted my dreams, keeping me awake in the middle of the night.

How long would those dreams become the knife over the thread that held my sanity intact?

I don’t think forcing myself to live normal was going to keep my sanity strong.

I reached my English class just mere minutes before the tardy bell rang and I sat in the back of the class, not really wanting to be near anyone at the moment. A few students glanced my way but quickly dismissed me as another girl in this school. 

“Okay, class,” a man dressed in black slacks and a marine blue collared shirt set down his briefcase on his desk and gave everyone a warm smile. “I hope you all done your analytical essays on the short stories we read in class. I’m guessing from the few groans that some of you had forgotten that it was due today. I may be a nice teacher but I won’t let you guilt trip me for another week for you to turn them in. Before you turn them in, I would like to inform you that we have a somewhat new student that will be joining us for the rest of the senior year. Amanda Langston, can you please come up and I’ll explain to you on what you missed.”

Eyes flew to me as I bowed my head a little, hoping I can ignore their stares as I stood up and timidly walked down the aisle towards the teacher’s desk. He still had that warm smile on his face as he nodded at me in a rather friendly boost for me not to be nervous. I could faintly hear a few whispers as I continued my approach until a familiar, loud voice stopped me.