XXIX. A Savior's Goodbye

Another chapter for you dweebs C; 

I think you guys would sorta like the ending of this. (NOT THE ACTUAL ENDING OF THE STORY JUST THE CHAPTER FYI)

Enjoy.

______________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XXIX.    A Savior's Goodbye

AMANDA

I wanted to know what they’re talking about.

I desperately wanted to hear what information Helena chose to explain why I was in the crossfire of the Phantoms and the Black Vendetta. I knew the moment Helena crossed the threshold and gave both my parents firm handshakes that our paths were beginning to separate little by little. My parents wouldn’t approve of her lifestyle nor would they want me spending another second with her if it would bring more danger to me. Once Helena told her about everything that I was involved in would my parents begin to be defensive.

I transferred schools to be away from the ‘bad influence’ from the friends I had in my old school only to bump into the actual bad influence. I was involved with people who had seen more deaths and violence than I have in TV. Their hands were dirty with tasks they’ve completed by eliminating the enemy. The very same hands my parents shook…

I chewed on my snakebite as I sat there on my bed. Once Helena said her introductions to my parents did my father order me to go to my room. It was an “adult matter” he said and from the look of his stern expression did I leave my parents with the two Phantoms. During the time I headed to the staircase and with my heart hammering in my chest did I sneak a peek at Helena who was rigid and never once glanced at me. I could feel a flicker of sadness wash through me before I began my walk up the stairs.

It was a slow walk - a more deliberate walk where it took minutes for me to lift up my leg and step onto the next step of the stairs all while keeping my ears strained for any conversations commencing. All I could hear was footsteps heading to the living room I presume and my mother’s soft voice politely asking the two Phantoms if they were interested in having a beverage. I couldn’t hear their responses and I didn’t have to when one of them was at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for me to enter my room and closed the door.

I didn’t have to turn around to see which girl it was. Just knowing she was there watching me with those violet eyes brought the butterflies in my stomach to flutter merrily.

“Go to your room, Amanda,” I recalled her telling me. “This doesn’t concern you anymore.”

“It does when it involves my parents,” I told her, looking over my shoulder at the girl who stood there with a cold, hard expression.

She was more apathetic than she was before. Everything about her seemed robotic as if her set of mind wasn’t there. Even though she knew what she would say to my parents and answers to their questions, those violet eyes had this distant look that I couldn’t fully understand. She was staring at me but not really. She stared passed me as if seeing me and registering the image of me wouldn’t be best for her. 

“And they would discuss it to you later not now. You’ve had enough for your mind to keep track of what this conversation would be about,” Helena slowly walked up the steps, her eyes never wavering. “Unless you would want to tell your parents how foolish you were to force our paths to cross for humbleness.” Another step. “Or how you put yourself in difficult situations where Vendetta scum are chasing your through halls.” Another. “Do you really want your parents to hear that coming out of your mouth and be disappointed in you or would you let me do my job and explain to your parents everything and have them hate me and not you for your actions?”