My Lover, Solving Crime

CIEL'S POV

"Well, Sebastian, any word from her majesty?" I asked and sipped my tea. Sebastian had brought in several letters earlier, mostly complaints from other noblility on how they wanted the land where I was building a new factory. However, I never responded. 

"Yes, My Lord. A new string of murders has come out. Can you guess where?"

"The mad house you were told to investigate that Grell is in? The Black Horsemen, that's what they call themselves, right?" I put my cup back onto the saucer and stood up, grabbing my hat and walking stick. Sebastian smiled valiantly.

"Correct as always, young master." He said and handed me the letter. I read it and rolled my eyes, handing it back to my demon before opening the door and heading down the stairs.

"What of f/n? She expects you to come to breakfast with her." 

"She'll have to deal with it. The queen's orders are more important than my love life." I said with a glance to Sebastian. "We'll have every other meal together, it's not like I'm abandoning her."

"Ah, but in a way you are."

"Tch."

"Ciel?" F/n's voice made me spin around. She was atop the stairs in another new dress. "You're going on another mission, aren't you?" She asked with a small smile. I slowly nodded and stopped walking. She quickly made her way down the stairs and hugged me.

"Alright. Just be careful." She said as if not a care in the world. Deep down I knew that it was actually tearing her apart, but that's just how it is. It's what happens when you work for the Queen in the criminal underworld.

"I will be, I have Sebastian with me, after all." I said with a reassuring smile. Sebastian nodded with a smile and took her hand in his, bowing to her. 

"If I couldn't protect my master then what kind of butler would I be? Have no fear Lady l/n, he will always be safe in my care." Her mood seem to lighten up a bit more. 

"Thank you mister Sebastian... Alright then, you don't want to be late! Good luck!" She said with a wave, walking back up the stairs with Grell waiting for her. I let out a small sigh of annoyance and walked out to the carriage. 

"Now then, I think the yard has some files we want to take a look at." Sebastian said with a small smirk, and I gave a brisk nod in return. 

"Indeed they do."

YOUR POV

You sit down with Grell and the other servants in your art room, as they have finally decided to introduce you to Snake. 

"He talks to his snake friends!" Finny said with a bright smile, holding one of them around his shoulders. Snake nodded lightly and looked tot he ground. 

"Nice to meet you...says Oscar." He spoke so softly that you could easily tell that he was overly shy.

"Nice to meet you too, all of you. Your friends are lovely." You say with a smile, looking over the one on the floor beside his foot with red yellow and black. "What's this one's name?"

"Emily." He answered with a faint smile.

"Snake is newish here, he's the young master's foot man at times. I think he'll be taking over Grell's job as your butler once he's properly trained though." Bard said with a yawn, puffing on his cigarette.

Grell rolled his eyes. "Like Bassy would ever replace me." He mumbled under his breath with crossed arms. You realize something you should have before and grab your paintbrush and the painting of all the servants and the house hold. 

"I have to add Snake and his friends to this right away! ... Forget it, I'll just redo it anyway. I messed up on some of the eyes anywho." She grabbed a blank canvas of the same size and set to work. Every one curiously watched, and Snake blushed lightly.

"You don't need to add me..." He spoke softly again.

"Nonesence! You're a part of this mansion, aren't you?" You ask with a smile, looking him over and grab your white paint to start on his design first. "It'll be even better than before! Just you wait!"

------------------------------------------

AUTHORS' NOTE

Sorry for a small update guys! 

My muse for this story has completely died, and on top of that I lost my paper draft so... I'm going to have to wing it here. I might have to go back and edit some stuff for the new ending I put in too. *Shrug* 

thank you all for being so patient!)