Chapter 1

HELLO MY LOVELIES! Okay, I have to ask, who is excited for the sequel to The Human Mate?! I KNOW I AM! And I told you guys I wouldn't keep you waiting too long for the second book. :D Anyway, I will warn you guys that I am starting the Fall semester at my College and since it is my second year here, my classes are going to require a lot more attention than usual. Especially since I'm a Film major and I will most likely have to stay after class sometimes to work on projects. I'M SO EXCITED! But that doesn't mean that I will give up on this book so easily. The only thing is that I won't be updating regularly like I did for the first book, but I will do so throughout the week if I have the time or during the weekends. Trust me when I say that I'm not letting go of this book so easily! And if you guys see that I have started on my other book: Resisting My Mate, I'm specifically putting it on hold until I finish this one. And not to mention that I somehow lost the inspiration to continue that one. Especially The Last Guardian if you guys see that I have deleted it. But I would appreciate if you guys check them out if you have the time because I am having trouble deciding which one I should work on next. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Oh, and those of you who hate Rocky for leaving Marcus, please don't. I mean, how would you guys feel if you were the first human to be mated to a werewolf since the species began? And specifically an Alpha one? I know I would terrified! And feel awesome too. xD So give her a chance, okay?

Okay, enough with this LONG author's note, I just wanted to welcome the fans of The Human Mate to the sequel! Thanks for following, voting, and commenting my lovelies!

Alright, on with the show! Enjoy! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared up at the ceiling, my eyes tracing the little figures that appeared before me as the light of the morning sun fought its way through my closed curtains. Another day. Another day having to deal with this inevitable pain and feeling of emptiness consuming my very soul. I thought the pain would become easier to indulge with every passing day, but time has proven me wrong. It felt as if I was being eaten up alive slowly from the inside out, and I hated it. The more I thought about it through the constant sleepless nights I had to endure every so often, the more I regretted my decision. A little voice in the back of my head constantly begged me to pack my bags and return to my home, but the stubborn one always won. It kept saying that I had done the right thing. A person of my strength and confidence would have never been able to lead a large pack like the Black Forest one. I am not fit for the part. So one can say that I had done them a favor.

It's been two years already and it's the middle of August. In just two months, Marcus would be taking the title as Alpha as soon as he becomes of age. Probably with a she-wolf at his side. The mere thought sent an overwhelming surge of pain to pierce through my limp body. It instinctively flinched as his dark eyes filled my mind. They looked so sad, helpless. That's how they appeared the last time I had seen them before the plane took off. It was a horrid memory that still haunts me to this very day, but I knew he would do fine without me. Me? Well, I guess one can say I'm at least surviving.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I turned my head to stare at the small clock on my night table to my left. It read: 7:12. Time to get ready. My shift began at 8:00. Lucky for me I wasn't one of those type of girls that took hours just to get ready. I guess my uniform helped it make it that much easier.

Reluctantly, I twisted my body, allowing my legs to dangle off the side of the bed as my arms lifted my upper body with the little amount of strength that still resided within me. I made my way towards the bathroom at the other end of my small bedroom, closing my eyes shut as my hand switched on the light, nearly blinding me. I opened my eyes slowly, allowing them to adjust before staring at my own reflection. My face was pale, a large contrast against my dark brown hair and hazel green eyes. My skin clung to my cheekbones, my face practically mimicking that of a skeleton. I had to admit, I looked awful. My appetite had practically seized to exist for the past year, which meant that my body was a lot skinnier than it tended to be.