Chapter 3-Unknown POV

HELLO MY LOVELIES! I know, I know, it's been a REALLY long time since I've updated and I do apologize. For those of you who know how I update, this is really late. But here I am again! :D I wasn't originally going to do this chapter until later on but then I thought it would be better to do it now. It's an unknown POV, I wonder who it could be. xD lol and don't worry, it's not Marcus. I would've written it on the title of the chapter. For those of you who are eager for Marcus to come back, patience my sweeties, patience. lol

So okay, enough with the author's note. ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked casually into the trees, the fallen leaves crunching soundly beneath my bare feet. Taking in a deep breath, a small smile spread across my lips. I always loved being surrounded by nature, despite my pack residing in a city. I had to admit, it always bugged my wolf and I how we had to continue strolling on about our lives without having the ability to shift for fear of a human spotting us. There have been many cases before where humans had discovered our species, but most of them were either killed by rogues (sadly) or welcomed into the pack. Well, not technically. They were just allowed to know and live amongst us as long as they never spread the word of our existence.

I stopped beside a tree, tilting my head to the side. Allowing my wolf to step forward, my ears picked up on only the sounds of the park's creatures scurrying about on the ground or high above the trees. I always had to be careful just in case some group of teenagers decided to smoke a blunt in the park's grounds. This has happened countless of times before, but they would eventually leave after midnight.

Seeing as I was the only one in the park, not even some of the pack members were here, I removed the brown shorts from my waist and tucked them neatly beneath a set of bushes. Making sure that no other animal would come by and take them away without my permission, I relaxed my mind, feeling my wolf immediately step forward happily.

'Finally,' he whispered quietly in the back of my mind before taking over.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I felt the transformation overtake my body. It shook violently, the small bits of dark brown fur beginning to spread out. Leaning forward, I felt my nails elongate into a set of claws and my nose begin to extend into a snout. I let out a small howl, low enough to not capture anyone's attention until I fell on all fours, my wolf panting heavily for the lack of shifting we've had for the past few weeks. He stretched out his muscles, turning his neck from side to side as his claws dug deeply into the earth below. Shaking off his fur, he began moving forward, a slow trot to get accustomed to his natural form before taking off into full run.

The sensation of the wind rushing through our fur made my wolf growl happily, his speed increasing with every step we took. He dodged the trees easily, relishing the soft earth beneath his paws. This was his natural environment, his home, and he always took advantage of every moment we could have to run freely this way. Most of the times it was to patrol the territory's grounds, avoiding the human eye of course, to make sure no rogue or unwelcomed wolf of another pack was to trespass on our territory. It rarely occurred since most of the packs in the states resided mainly on rural lands, so having any form of trouble that could cause a stir rarely happened.

Slowing down his pace, he walked casually towards the large pond. Leaning forward, he took a long drink before the sound of a twig snapping beneath someone's weight made him jerk his head upward. Immediately turning his head in all directions and listening closely for any other sound that could pierce through the night, he took on a defensive stance, baring his teeth and growling lowly. We stood there, unmoving, before something caught our attention from the corner of our eye.