Chapter 14

HELLO MY LOVELIES! So I have one question, how many of you are happy as hell to see that Rocky's choice was to go back home? I know I was! xD lol. Anyhow, I've had this chapter in my mind for a week now, but have been insanely busy. Hey, I do have a life you know, lol. Either way, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Especially since a few familiar faces come back into the picture. ;) ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bit my bottom lip nervously, my leg twitching furiously as I looked out the window, watching the trees pass by as Ethan descended down the dirt road at a high speed. I could practically feel my heart trying to fight its way out of my chest by how fast it was beating and I wouldn't be surprised if the guys were easily able to hear it with their sensitive ears. And even if they did, I was thankful neither of them made any comment about it.

It had been a long time since I've been back here and the nerves were really starting to get to me ever since the plane landed nearly 20 minutes ago. The airport was barely crowded with people so it was easy to maneuver around with little to no interruptions, much to my dismay. I had been silently praying that something will interfere, anything to prolong the time from me having to see the familiar faces of those whom I've grown to love. It's not that I didn't want to see them. Heck, I missed them incredibly and always fought the urge to contact them in fear that they may not even want to talk to me to begin with. Who knows how they'll react after I arrive to the pack house? Instead of taking me back to my dad's house (who was completely oblivious to my arrival back to Black Forest) where I had insisted I'd stay for the time being, Marcus wouldn't have any of it. Trust me when I say it's practically pointless to argue with an Alpha wolf when he has his mind set solely on one thing; and that one thing was to get me back home safely and keep me in close proximity of him. Can't really blame him though.

I ran a nervous hand through my hair, probably disheveling it more than it already was as my leg started jumping apprehensively without my knowledge. I suddenly could feel a pair of eyes staring intently in my direction, making my heart quicken in pace and my breathing come out in heavy pants.

I jumped at his mere touch as his arm wrapped itself securely around my waist and closing the small distance that was left between us. I looked over at Marcus who was now sitting in the middle seat as he planted a kiss on my forehead. My eyes raked over his towering form beside me and frowned.

"You're not wearing a seat belt," I said conversationally, my mind distracted for a brief moment.

He shrugged his shoulder and leaned his head back on the head rest. "Trust me, don't need it sweetheart," he said with a small grin on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "Be careful. Wouldn't want your big ego to increase more in size," I said sarcastically.

By instinct, I instantly moved away from his hand around my waist when he went to tickle my side, making me press myself harder against him. I let out a small giggle as I rested my head against his chest, letting out a soft sigh as I felt my body relax against him. It was times like these that made me wonder how in the world I had survived without him for so long. Without his touch. It immediately made me think of the dream I had a little over a month ago. I shivered at the memory, closing my eyes shut and ridding my mind of any trace.

I felt Marcus's body tense before he placed two fingers beneath my chin, pulling them upward until my eyes leveled with his own. His dark eyes were filled with concern as he stared deeply into my hazel orbs.

"Everything is going to be alright," he whispered quietly, his voice even.

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath before letting it out slowly. "It's been so long."