Chapter 13-Both POVs

HELLO MY LOVELIES! I know it's been WAY too long since my last update and I truly apologize for that. On the bright side, I have OFFICIALLY finished my semester passing all my classes with As and will not be taking the Summer term. Which means.....MORE UPDATES! I thank you all for being so patient with me and dedicate this chapter to all of my lovely followers and silent supporters for this book as well as my first. :)

And to make it up to you guys, I have decided to not waste anymore time and just fast forward the book a bit. I think you all will thank me for this chapter. ;) Okay, enough of my long author's note. ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcus POV

The wait was literally killing me on the inside and not knowing what lies before me today was making it ten times worse. Not to mention the agitated and impatient wolf snapping at me every five seconds. As if I wasn't in a bad enough mood as it was.

Today was finally the day. The day we had all been waiting for (and the day I had been secretly wishing would come sooner). But knowing Rochelle, I knew she would wait until the very last day to make her decision. I just had to get a stubborn and hard headed girl as a mate. My wolf growled at me for that, but I could sense him silently agreeing with me.

I paced back and forth in the middle of the motel room, running a shaking hand through my hair while Ethan watched me with apprehensive eyes. He followed my footing with a calm expression.

At that moment, I was glad Alex wasn't here with us. Instead, he was at Rocky's looking after her. Why may you ask? Well, apparently the big and oh so powerful Alpha Thompson had secretly asked the former Alpha for me to stay away from Rocky on the night before the big day. It wasn't something I was happy about, but so long as he kept his distance from her as well, my wolf and I are content. And I trusted Alex to look after Rocky when I wasn't able to, despite the fact of my wolf not liking a single wolf being within a small radius of our mate. Even if he is someone we have known our whole lives. But I had to admit, I liked how much she trusted him and felt completely at ease whenever he was around. Did I like it? No. But I would prefer my mate to be safe any day.

Ethan let out a soft sigh before standing up and stepping in front of my path, completely blocking me from continuing my subconscious pacing. He placed both hands on my shoulders, steadying me and completely ignoring the small growl that escaped my lips.

Without a word, he spun me around and led me to the couch on the other side of the room. In one swift movement, I found myself sitting on the plump cushions, glaring up at him. He simply crossed his arms over his chest, unfazed.

"You need to relax," he said simply, his voice barely above a whisper.

My eyes narrowed in his direction. "Easy for you to say."

"And hard to do, I know. You don't think I'm just as worried as you are?" He asked, his eyes softening. "This is our future Luna we're talking about here. She may not be my mate, but I care about Rocky just as much as you do."

I growled in response and he unaffectedly rolled his eyes before sitting down on the coffee table in front of me. He rested his elbows on his knees and leaned forward.

"You know what I mean, Mark. What I'm trying to say is that I care about Rocky like a little sister of mine and I am concerned with her safety as well as her well-being. I wouldn't want anything to happen to her and I knew as long as she's with you, she'll be fine. And besides, we have the future of the pack at stake."

I ran a hand through my hair, letting out a soft sigh. "I know. It's just so many things running through my mind right now. And not knowing what her decision will be is killing me."