Chapter 2

HELLO MY LOVELIES! I'm totally in the writing mood and am trying to get as many chapters in before the new semester starts this upcoming Monday. I'm so excited for it! :D

Anyway, this chapter has one of my favorite characters. And no, it's not the obsessed Alpha. lol. He comes in on a later chapter. And besides, this character isn't really seen a lot in the story. Did you guys guess who he was? If not, oh well. You'll still find out anyway. :) Enjoy! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My legs were sore as I made my way down the empty hall, the sound of my shoes squeaking filling the silence. My body was practically screaming for me to sit down and rest, but I pushed on as I crossed the main floor. I had taken another shift for the day and it was already 9:37. Dr. Thompson had insisted I go home at 4:30 which was my initial time to leave, but seeing as there really wasn't much for me to do at home, I stayed behind and helped out the other nurses prepare dinner as well as give the Seniors their baths.

The building was completely silent. Not even the sound of the sleeping elders reached my ears. I walked over to the front desk before making my way towards the back to my locker. I would originally stay here until 11:00, possibly midnight, but my body was saying otherwise and I had no choice but to obey.

With a silent sigh, I opened my locker and grabbed my bag. Closing it shut, I reached behind me and released my hair from its tight hold. The newfound curls fell effortlessly over my shoulders and I couldn't help but smile as the movement seemed to relax me. My hair had grown longer since the last time I cut it, which was about a year ago, and it now surpassed the middle of my back. An ordinary girl would probably get tired of the length, but seeing as my hair doesn't take much to maintain it, I like to keep it this way.

I walked around the front desk, waving at a few nurses and the janitor that passed by to my left before taking a seat in the sitting area directly to my right. This was meant for the family members, who desired to see their loved ones, to wait or where the Seniors would relax throughout the day. Despite the horrible decor that was throughout the large room, I couldn't deny that the seats were quite comfortable.

I ran a hand through my hair as I placed my bag on the table to my right. I lifted up my legs and placed them on the coffee table in front of me. It was not appropriate for the employees here to do this, but seeing as no one was around, I took the chance to relish this position. Pulling my head back and allowing my hair to fall over the seat, I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I could feel my body instantaneously relax, which was really rare for me if I do say so myself.

I sat there for a few minutes before I willed my eyes to pry open. I could practically feel my mind slowly drifting away into unconsciousness and I don't think sleeping here would be a really good idea. I did need to shower after a long day you know.

I tilted my head towards the right, never once lifting it from the soft cushions and stared out the opened bay window. It was completely dark outside with barely any cars in the parking lot. I could see mine from where I sat, patiently waiting until I found the strength to make my way towards it and head on home. I knew it would be a few minutes before I even attempted to stand up, so I just remained put.

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of a small orb of light illuminating the sky high up above. Looking up, I realized then that it was the moon that was greeting me from the dark skies of the night. It was barely in the center of the sky, but it was still visible to my eyes. It was nearly a full moon tonight. Only a small portion of darkness enveloped its side, preventing its full beauty to shine through for the people below.

A sad smile spread across my lips as my eyes seemed to be glued to it. So many memories filled my mind. Memories I tried so hard to bury in the back of my mind, and yet they would surprisingly make their way to the surface, bringing back the piercing pain to take over my chest. My right hand instinctively reached up as the pain began to spread throughout my body. I was already used to it now, especially since I seemed to not sense much pain nowadays. Like I've said before, my body was practically numb. Despite being aware of it whenever it occurred, I never truly felt it. It was like an echo of the true source.