Chapter 11

HELLO MY LOVELIES! I told you I would be uploading soon. Like REALLY soon. xD lol. Anywho, I know the last chapter was a bit iffy since it was more of a filler than anything, but this one has a little bit more drama in it. Especially since Bret and his Beta come back in the picture. And for those of you who liked Joseph (Joey), so is he! And there's something interesting about Joey that will come out in this chapter. Also, I didn't know exactly from which POV I wanted to this one in. In Marcus's or Rocky's, but I settled for Rocky's. Hope you guys like it! Enjoy! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where do you think you're going?"

I stopped on my heels before spinning around slowly until I gazed into the darkest, most beautiful eyes I have ever laid eyes on. I tilted my head in question as I adjusted my purse on my right shoulder and held my coat close to my side in my other hand. Where does he think I'm going? Where I go practically every day of the week. I do work you know!

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and placed my available hand on my hip as I stared up at him, hating the fact how I have to crane my neck just to see him properly. "Work, duh." Isn't it obvious? It is Tuesday and I had yesterday off.

His eyes narrowed at my response, turning a shade darker. Today he wore a similar pair of jeans (I'm starting to think that's a guy thing since both Ethan and Alex seem to wear a similar shade as well) with a light gray shirt that clung to his body like a second skin. Boy did he look attractive like that. Especially since his hair was pressed against his forehead, glistening still from the shower he had taken only a couple of minutes ago. Are guys really that fast when it comes to getting ready?

"No you're not," he said simply, crossing his arms over his chest, his expression never once wavering.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I did not see that coming. I would've expected him to say that I won't go unless he comes with me or something; but most definitely not a finality like that one. "What do you mean, 'I'm not'? I have to go to work. My mini vacation is over and I'm pretty busy today," I said, spinning around and reaching for the doorknob, only to have a dark figure suddenly appear before me.

I looked up at him in shock once more, but my expression immediately faltered as I glared up at him. I tried pushing him away with all the strength my little body can carry, only to find myself practically forcing a wall to move. And if you guys use common sense, there's no way that wall is moving. Why did he have to be so big? And strong for that matter. I seriously hate being a mere human right now.

With a defeated sigh, I took a step back, my glare never once wavering as I mimicked his actions. "Could you please move? Bret told me that we have a busy day today since most of the elders are returning from the holiday."

His eyebrows pulled together and there was no doubt his wolf was stepping forward due to how dark his eyes seemed to be, even under the luminescent lighting of the room. "You talked to Bret?" His voice seemed huskier than usual, and not the type that he has when he wakes up. The type when his wolf practically takes over and he is seriously pissed off.

Whoops.

I let out a soft sigh as I straightened my stance and looked him dead in the eye. Like if his wolf's voice is going to scare me into staying here for the day. "I do have a cellphone you know." I paused, trying to see if he would relax or something, but I was only met with the same cold stare. "He texted me last night saying that they had allowed some of the elders to go home for the weekend to spend time with their families. Seeing as it's Tuesday, a good majority of them will be coming back and he needs my help to get them settled."