Chapter 8-Marcus POV

HELLO MY LOVELIES! Okay, so I wanted to start things off by saying that I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry about the long wait. I know I had previously promised in an earlier chapter that I would at least update once a week for you guys, but I have been caught up with school work and personal problems these last few weeks that I have had no time to update. And not to mention, when I did have the time, I had no inspiration. But seeing your comments and how much you've loved this book so far has inspired me to update this chapter. I would personally love to update two chapters this week for you guys since you have been waiting so patiently, but I don't think that's possible seeing as I have this weekend booked. xP BUT! This chapter will definitely make up for my lack of updating. It's a scene that I have been thinking about doing ever since I created The Rightful Luna. And by the way, there was something in the previous chapter that those of you guys who commented clearly missed. But don't worry, all will be revealed in this chapter as well as whose POV it was from the Unknown chapter.

Okay, enough with my usual blabbering, lol. ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say that things were awkward was a complete understatement. The atmosphere around us in the small room we were currently in was dense, preventing us from speaking a single word to each other. After my reunion with my little mate, I was determined to keep her away from the werewolves that were fast approaching. So, without hesitation, I led her up the stairs and into her, rather small, apartment. Ethan and Alex were eager to greet her back into their lives since I knew they had missed her just as much as my wolf and I have, but they remained put on either side of me, waiting for my next move. But in all honesty, I had no clue what to do. I mean, I know I had rushed out of the bushes and pinned her against the wall as soon as I noticed her attempt to get away from their wolf forms, but that was simply an act made by instinct and obedience of my wolf's wishes. But now, I just have to say that things were beginning to get a little bit awkward in here with the silence that seemed to suffocate us all.

Ethan and Alex were now seated quietly on the couch across the TV with unreadable expressions on their faces. Alex continuously played with the hem of his shirt while Ethan simply sat there, staring down at the small coffee table in front of them. Rocky was standing beside the doorframe that seemed to lead to the bedroom on the other side of the apartment. With her arms crossed over her chest, she stared intently down at the creaking floor beneath her feet, biting her lower lip as if deep in thought. Her body was tense as she leaned casually against the frame, clearly sensing my stare as she fought the urge to look at me. I silently wished that I could look back into her hazel green pools of beauty and get lost in them once more, but her eyes remained intact. As for me, I now stood in the small kitchen on the opposite side from where she stood, leaning against the grimy counter with my arms folded over my chest, mimicking her actions. Well, somewhat.

Seeing as she wasn't going to look at me any time soon, I took the chance to analyze her current form. I had secretly hoped that what I saw downstairs was simply due to the lighting of the light post that stood overhead. But I was clearly wrong. Her delicate skin looked fragile and pale, clinging onto her very bones. It was a sickening sight and it worried my wolf and I to no end. I wanted to find out what she had been doing these past two years to make her look this way, but I remained in my place. She looked a lot skinnier than usual. What I assumed was her work uniform seemed rather large on her, concealing her body and practically drowning her small frame. Her once luscious dark brown hair that seemed to shine, even under a dark lighting, looked dull as it fell over her small shoulders. But why is that?

'There's something wrong with our mate,' my wolf said worriedly.

I nodded slowly, thankful to see that none of them were currently looking at me. 'I don't know what's wrong,' I said in the same tone.