Chapter Eighteen

Wednesday afternoon came around much faster than I had ever anticipated and before I knew it, I was racing home after the school day had ended to give myself plenty of time to prepare for the gig tonight. Since this is kind of mine and Scott's first date (if you ignore our third wheel Felix), I want to make sure that I look my best. I had already chosen my outfit for the night (shout out to Madison for being a bloody lifesaver!!) so I just had to make sure that my hair and makeup was on point.

Since I paced myself well time wise, I was able to take my time when applying my makeup so that it looks flawless and I have to admit that I think I look good as I examine my reflection in the mirror. I had kept my makeup pretty neutral and natural apart from the bright red lipstick. Madison recommended it to me as she said the colour would bring Scott's attention to my lips and then maybe I could get a kiss at the end of the night.

The gig is being held on the Brighton Pier in Horatio's Bar, which is roughly a seven minute walk from my house (another reason the bed and breakfast is popular among tourists!). Felix and Scott should be arriving any moment now so I made my way downstairs to say goodbye to my parents. My mother was half-way through her lecture about the dangers of staying out too late when the doorbell chimed, signalling their arrival. I squealed and ran to the door, missing the end of her lecture. I stepped outside and pulled the door closed behind me before turning to face Scott and Felix. Oh. My. God. Scott was wearing a tight black shirt that hugged his muscles in just the right way and also bared his arms.

"Paige, y-you look- lipstick- I mean you are amaz- erm, wow." Scott stuttered out. I offered him a red lipped smile and thanked him, ignoring Felix's not so subtle roll of the eyes.

"Now we all know how "wow" Paige looks, can we get going? I don't want to miss the first song because you guys are too busy flirting." Scott coughed awkwardly at Felix's statement and looked anywhere but me. I couldn't help noticing the blush that spread across his face. So cute!

"Lead the way Felix." He lit up and provided a rather entertaining commentary the whole way to the pier about his opinions of the band and their members,

"I mean, we all know Ashley is the most attractive member of the band (not as attractive as Madison of course) but she never really gets given the chance to shine as the face of the band because everyone is either Team Kalum or Team Lincoln! I mean Cody gets more recognition than her and he's the drummer, not the singer! I mean obviously I'm Team Lincoln but I just think she deserves more fans-"

"Hold up! You're Team Lincoln? I'm sorry but friendship over. Team Kalum all the way!"

For some reason I will never understand, the guitarist and bass guitarist in Shin Shallow have been known to have an unusual rivalry that has caused most of the fans to pick a side. I don't know the full details but I would have to say I'm Team Kalum at the moment since he was funny and friendly when I spoke to him but I have never spoken a single word to Lincoln in my entire life so maybe this could change? But according to the rumours I've heard, he's a bit of lady's man, so I guess we'll have to see...