Chapter Twenty Two

I stopped when we had finally reached a desserted area of the school, the bench by the athletics track behind the P.E department. No body usually comes here ever so we have some privacy. Aaron was furiously wiping his tears away and for the second time today, I pulled him in close, wrapping my arms around his neck so I could murmur comforting words into his ear.

"My mother, s-she didn't want me there to see her go through that." His voice cracked.

"Shh, it's all going to be okay. I promise."

He pulled away slightly so we were stood nose to nose.

"You punched him in the face." He let out a chuckle that quickly turned into full blown laughter that I joined in with.

"I can't believe I did that!" I choked out between laughs.

It took a few moments for our laughter to die down completely and as it did, I realised how close our faces were to each other, our lips were mere inches apart and I felt my face heat up. His eyes flicked down to my lips then back up to my eyes.

"Can I kiss you princess?" I nodded and his soft lips were immediately on mine. He gripped my waist as he angled his head to get better access to my lips while I entangled my hands in his short brown hair. Everything around me just disappeared beside him as I closed my eyes and melted against him.

He pulled away after about a minute and rested his forehead against mine, an adorable smile painted across his face. I've never seen him look so happy.

"What would Scott think of you now though? You punched him in the face and now you're making out with his brother." He chuckled, his hot breath tickling my face.

"I don't care. He can think what he wants. I want you." I leant in to recapture his lips and felt him smile into it.

"As much as I would love to just stay here and kiss you all day princess, and trust me if I could, I would, but I do actually have psychology work to do." He chuckled and I giggled in return. We finally fully pulled away from each other. My phone buzzed from my pocket and I took it out to see a message from Madison.

From: Madison
Sent: 9.01

Scott told me what happened and wants you to know that he won't let you get in any trouble over this but I demand an explanation so get your butt over here right now!!!

I guess you could say that this moment of bliss right now is just the calm before the real storm begins...

A/N Thanks for reading That's just the way it is! ❤❤ Thank you so so much for the votes and the comments, I seriously appreciate every single one of you guys ❤❤

This is the end but if you want a sequel just let me know ❤