1: It Slipped Through My Fingers?

Blah blah blah, same warning as the last chapter, I'm not typing it up again or I might explode. Remember the arrow thing (if you forgot, go back to the last chapter because I'm too lazy to actually type anything else). RIGHT! Let's go!

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

"And he just dumped you?"

I nodded with a sniffle, clutching the destroyed tissue box in my hands, "He said it was to protect me. I don't understand it."

Tasha looked at me, trying desperately to fake a smile, but it just wasn't working. Her tanned face couldn't convey the emotion, "I'm sorry, Aims. You know what? Maybe it isn't what you're thinking."

"He had to cheat on me. Why else would he just throw everything away?"

"Or he had something that was -"

There was a knock on the door. I shook my head, no, but Tasha stood from the couch, walking over to the front door of my house. She opened it with a small creak.

Then there was nothing.

A deep male voice broke the silence, "Tasha, hey. I need you."

She scoffed, "You followed me here? Of all places? You are so lucky that I'm sad right now or I'd kick your a-"

"Who's there?" I shouted at her, "Some stalker?"

>>Funny, she thinks I'm the stalker! the same male voice rang through my head. The next thing I heard was an overpowering cough.

"No, uh, he's not a stalker. He's my uncle's... son!"

I rolled my eyes, "Your cousin?"

"Yeah!"

"Well if he needs you, you should go with him," I sighed. "There's no point in sulking around the house with me right now so just leave."

>>Yes, she should leave.

"But your parents-"

"Are dead. Just go."

>>Ouch... That hurt me and it wasn't even meant for me...

"Aimee, stop it. I'm trying to help you," Tasha used her motherly voice on me. >But this time, it wasn't going to work.

"Leave."

I heard the door close quietly.

>>There's no way she could have figured out why Blake left her. It's impossible - how could she? She doesn't even know who her parents are or why it's so dangerous for anyone to be near her.

>What the hell is wrong with me?

>>Who are you...

>Aimee.

>>Shit.

>What?

The voice didn't respond back - the echoes of silence were overwhelming me. Just myself in my own thoughts, what would I do now?

I heard two strong knocks at my door. It was Tasha. She came back. >She wouldn't have just left me here alone, right? I flung the door open.

"Look if you want to -" I stopped myself and blinked. >What the hell, "Blake?"

"I came to protect you. They're coming," he stepped into my house and shut the door behind him.