9: The Long Drive

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) Hope you guys all had the best 2011, I know I did, so cheers to another great year, yeah? :P Well, I'm kind of annoyed right now because I reviewed some music on a website and people started slamming me and calling me a poser. Funny thing about it is that I'm not one of those people who dresses the way I do because I want to fit a trend or anything. I don't listen to music because everyone listens to it. It's annoying that people always judge me. Aside from judgment giraffes, enjoy the story! - Emma

ααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

I woke up when my head hit the passenger window of Jeff's BMW.

"Fuck. Where are we even going? I thought we were just going to get some pasta sauce?"

He parked the car.

My eyes traveled to the large restaurant we were parked in front of. It looked nice - like something I could never afford. But Jeff was already at my door, opening it for me. I unbuckled my seat belt and took his extended hand. He pulled me out of the car with ease.

With my body pressed against his, he reached around me and shut the door, his green eyes never left mine.

"What are we doing?"

"Eating dinner. You didn't really think I could cook... right?" he chuckled.

"I thought that was in that werewolf book you had. What, they didn't include pasta recipes?"

His face went blank, "I think there was one in there."

"See?" I flicked his nose, "You have no excuse."

He laughed for a moment before taking my hand in his. The light in the parking lot showed every little wrinkle from the giant smile he had plastered on face. I never realized how happy he was before that moment. I must have looked the same way, because when he saw my eyes on him, his smile grew wider.

"Come on, doofus," I tugged on his hand and led him into the restaurant.

ααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

We were back in the car and headed home. I had no idea how long it would take but the heavy fog that had descended would make this trip even longer. Jeff had both hands on the wheel as he drove. He was on edge, that much was evident.

"It's just some fog," I stated.

He shook his head, "I know. But it's so ominous. It's like something bad has to happen now. Even though tonight is going so well," he turned away from me to look back at the road. I couldn't see his expression.

"Nothing bad will happen."

"How can you be so certain?"

>That's just the thing, I'm not. I just have to convince you that I am so you will be. "I used to drive in this stuff all the time when I lived in California."

He glanced at me, "California?"

"Yeah from like November or December to about April there's always this weird fog," I shook my head, "I mean, it is weird the first couple of times driving through it but you get used to it."

"No, that's not what I meant," he took his eyes off the road, "Why did you live in California?"

"Oh. My old foster parents. They were... yeah," I shook my head, trying to knock the memory out. >My logic is so ridiculous.