(G) Spells

Geminio

Pronunciation: /dʒɛˈmɪnioʊ/ je-min-ee-ohDescription: Creates a duplicate of any object upon which it is cast. As revealed by the goblin Griphook, any copies created are worthless. The duplicate lasts several hours. Magical properties, at least of a Horcrux, are not copied.Seen/mentioned: Used by Hermione in Deathly Hallows to copy Salazar Slytherin's locket to hide their tracks from Umbridge.

(Gemino Curse)

Description: Whenever an object affected by this curse is touched, it duplicates itself into many useless copies to hide the original. To add confusion and eventually fill the surrounding area with copies, the copies also duplicate.Seen/mentioned: Seen in Deathly Hallows when Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook break into the Lestrange vault in Gringotts. Used to great effect as the room fills with useless duplicates.

Glisseo

Pronunciation: /ˈɡlɪsioʊ/ glis-ee-ohor /ɡlɪˈseɪoʊ/ gli-say-ohDescription: Causes the steps on a stairway to flatten and form a ramp or slide.Seen/mentioned: Used by Hermione to escape from pursuing Death Eaters in Deathly Hallows. Used on the girls' dormitory to ensure that boys cannot enter.

(Gripping Charm)

Description: Used to help someone grip something with more effectiveness. This charm is placed upon Quaffles to help Chasers carry the Quaffle whilst simultaneously holding their brooms.Seen/mentioned: Mentioned inQuidditch Through the Ages.