(M) Spells

Meteolojinx Recanto

Pronunciation:/ˌmiːtiːˈɒloʊdʒɪŋks rɛˈkæntoʊ/ mee-tee-ol-ə-jingks re-kan-tohDescription: Causes weather effects caused by incantations to cease.Seen/mentioned: Suggested inDeathly Hallows by Arthur Weasley to Ron (disguised by the Polyjuice Potion as Reginald 'Reg' Cattermole from Magical Maintenance) as the best way to clear up the incessant rain in Yaxley's office at the Ministry.

Mobiliarbus

Pronunciation: /ˌmoʊbɪliˈɑːrbəs/moh-bil-ee-ar-bəsDescription: Lifts a tree a few inches off the ground and levitates it to where the caster points his or her wand.Seen/mentioned: In Prisoner of Azkaban, Hermione uses the spell to move a Christmas Tree in The Three Broomsticks beside her table to hide Harry, who was in Hogsmeadeillegally.

Mobilicorpus

Pronunciation: /ˌmoʊbɪliˈkɔːrpəs/moh-bil-ee-kor-pəsDescription: Lifts a body a few inches off the ground and levitates it where the caster points his or her wand[11]Seen/mentioned: Sirius Black uses it on Severus Snape in Prisoner of Azkaban.

Morsmordre (Dark Mark)

Pronunciation: /mɔːrzˈmɔːrdrə/morz-mor-drəDescription: Conjures the Dark Mark, Voldemort's mark. It is often used to mark deaths, or cause terror (as at the Quidditch World Cup in The Goblet of Fire)Seen/mentioned: Used by Barty Crouch Jr in Goblet of Fire. Also seen in Half-Blood Prince over the castle to lure Dumbledore to his death. Voldemort apparently invented it. According to Mr. Weasley, very few wizards know how to cast this spell.

Muffliato

Pronunciation: /ˌmʌfliˈɑːtoʊ/ muf-lee-ah-tohDescription: Keeps nearby people, or those to whom the wand is directed, from hearing nearby conversations.[15]Seen/mentioned: It is used in Half-Blood Prince by Harry and Ron on various teachers and people such asMadam Pomfrey. Hermione also uses it in Deathly Hallows in protection of the campsite where she and Harry stayed in hiding.