(H) Spells

(Hair Loss Curse)

Description: Causes one to lose one's hair.Seen/mentioned: In Philosopher's Stone, Harry visits the "Curses and Counter-Curses" shop in Diagon Alley, on the sign it mentioned three curses: Hair Loss, Jelly-Legs and Tongue-Tying.

(Hair-Thickening Charm)

Description: Thickens one's hair.Seen/mentioned: In Order of the Phoenix, Snape asserts that Alicia Spinnet used it on her eyebrows even though she was obviously hexed by a member of the Slytherin Quidditch team.

Homenum Revelio

Pronunciation: /ˈhɒmᵻnəm rɛˈvɛlioʊ/hom-i-nəm re-vel-ee-ohDescription: Reveals humans near the caster.Seen/mentioned: Used by Dumbledore to detect Harry under his Invisibility Cloak, but first named when used multiple times by various characters in Deathly Hallows. Also used by Hermione upon her, Ron, and Harry's arrival at Grimmauld Place after being attacked by Death Eaters in Tottenham Court Road, after the wedding.[14]

(Homorphus Charm)

Description: Causes an Animagus or transfigured object to assume its normal shape.Seen/mentioned: According to Lockhart, he used it to force theWagga Wagga Werewolf to take its human form. It was, however, used by Lupin and Sirius on the rat named Scabbers to reveal that he was Peter Pettigrew in Prisoner of Azkaban.

(Horton-Keitch Braking Charm)

Description: This spell was first used on the Comet 140 to prevent players from overshooting the goal posts and from flying off-sides.Seen/mentioned: Mentioned inQuidditch Through the Ages as the charm that gave the Comet 140 an advantage over the Cleansweep.

(Hot-Air Charm)

Description: Causes wand to emit hot air.Seen/mentioned: Used by Hermione Granger in Order of the Phoenix to dry off her robes. Also used shortly after to melt snow. Also was used by Albus Dumbledore in Half-Blood Prince to dry Harry's and his own robes.

(Hover Charm)

Description: An object is levitated off the ground and moved according to the caster. See Locomotor,Mobiliarbus and Wingardium Leviosa.Seen/mentioned: Used by Dobby silently in Chamber of Secrets to levitate a cake, of which Harry is accused. Also used by Xenophilius to clear rubble off his stairs in Deathly Hallows.

(Hurling Hex)

Description: Causes brooms to vibrate violently in the air and try to buck their rider off.Seen/mentioned: In Philosopher's Stone, Quirinus Quirrell may have been casting a wordless and wandless version of this spell on Harry's broom during his Quidditch match. Flitwick suggested that Harry's confiscated Firebolt might be jinxed with this spell.