Ten

Turmoil wreaks havoc in my mind. There is an unsettling feeling of loss and insanity that resonates with my wolf.

My wolf claws at my emotions, bite on my thoughts and howls at everyone trying to mind link me.

She wants some kind of peace. Some kinds of silence.

My body is numb.

My mind is everywhere and nowhere.

It is hard to even breathe.

The night that my father died Dr. Graham had me rushed to the infirmary with Andrew trailing behind me. Andrew suddenly became my caregiver, he called the doctor to check on me.

All my energy is drained as I see Dr. Graham. "I need a healer, now!" She yells as she guides us to the private room.

The machines beep and the nozzle connect to me makes a loud wheezing sound as it forces air into my lungs.

The night that my father died my wolf was able to numb the world, quiet everyone that tried forcing their way into my head, and most importantly numb the pain of having my father's mind ripped out of my life.

Andrew refuses to walk away from me. He sleeps sitting on the seat by my bed as the doctor runs her test.

"Where the hell is her mate?" She snaps at someone when I manage to pull myself out of my unconscious.

"He can't handle her pain," Andrew sighs, he sounds more exhausted than I feel.

"Does he think she can handle her own pain? He needs to be here," her voice is hoarse with sadness.

I welcome the darkness. I do not want to open my eyes and face a world without my father. Without our alpha.

"She needs to wake up soon," she whispers, "his funeral will be in a few hours."

No matter how hard I try to force unconsciousness upon me hearing about my father's funeral pulls me towards the light.

A sob cuts through my throat as my eyes open and Andrew's red eyes stare back at me. He tries his best to put a smile on his face, but his smile only forces tears out of his eyes.

"Mel," he half sobs and yells.

Pulling the oxygen mask off my face I stare back at him.

"I-" my heart constricts as I look over at Dr. Graham and her bloodshot eyes and tear-streaked cheeks send my wolf plummeting down.

Away from my core, away from my mind, leaving me all alone to feel everything.

I'm so sorry, Melany. The doctor mind links me. She is the first person I heard in a while.

Dr. Graham pushes into my mind along with a few others.

The elders will have concluded their discussion and with Alpha Blake's Last Words they have made a decision.

The alpha has been notified.

Those wolves will pay dearly for taking away our beloved alpha.

Andrew softly grips my hand.

There is a new alpha, someone has taken my father's spot. My heart sinks.

Perhaps this is for the best.

Melany, we don't have to go! Andrew breaks through.

"I have to," I whimper. "He died because of me," I release a shaky breath. "He died because he wanted to save me!"

Andrew shakes his head as his palm pressed against my cheek, "He died because he would rather give his life and join his mate than you die and never have really lived."