Thirty Two

The silence sends my heart into overdrive.

Knuckles press hard against my eyes.

This has to be a dream. It has to be.

"Hunter!" I scream as I take in my bare walls.

He has to be okay.

My eyes scan the area around me and relief washes through me I am in my room. I try to sit up quickly but my body slides off my bed. I drop hard to the floor the pain on my side does not stop me. I jump to my feet and run to the door and pull it open.

Get to the infirmary!

Andrew is in the hallway staring at me as if I have gone completely insane. I run to him, my hands clutch his shirt as I shove him into the wall, "Why the hell am I in my bedroom? Where's Hunter?"

I shout at him as anger gets the best of me. I told him that I wanted to stay by his side. Andrew's surprised eyes widen as he stares at me bewildered.

"Erm, what?" Andrew looks at me confused, "I went straight to bed after I talked to you."

Whatever, I do not have time for this. I push past him and run to the infirmary.

Nothing will stop me as I run in I see Drake and his mate walking out. He gives me a small smile and I nod back at him. I do not stop until I make it to the back of the room. My hand grabs ahold of the door handle. My heart quickens and my palm becomes sweaty.

I open the door and my eyes take in the sight before me.

I don't understand.

The room is spotless.

No machines.

The bed is made.

No chart and most importantly no Hunter.

It is as if he was never here. My heart jumps to my throat as my eyes start to burn.

Dr. Graham!

"Yes." I spin on my heels and Dr. Graham is standing at the door looking at me.

"Wh-where is he?" I stammer as my emotions are at the brink of sending me into a full panic attack.

"Alpha Hunter woke up early this morning and left after I did all my checkups." She states rather coolly.

"He left?" My voice goes up an octave and I clear my throat.

"Yes." The pain in my chest is a stabbing one. I take a deep breath and give her a thankful smile.

I walk out of the room and then out of the infirmary. There is a lump in my throat but I hold myself together as I pass some pack members. I make my way back to my bedroom to get ready for the days business.

He just left? My wolf cannot hide her pain.

He left without even a goodbye. He is worse than my mate. Marcus has the decency to tell me he wanted to leave.

You can't compare Hunter to Marcus. Hunter was here on a mission, he did what he said he would.

I know.

With that said I'm sorry. My wolf feels my pain and I try to shake it off.

Andrew is not in the hall when I make my way through it. I walk up to my door and open it up. My room is in its usual mayhem but there is something that makes my heart stop beating for a second.

His golden sleepy eyes are on me. My eyebrows scrunch together.

"Hunter?"

He closes his eyes and chuckles silently as he nods. The breath I take in makes my whole body feel lighter.